In this course, we will learn the tricks used by the top 1% of Scala developers. You’ll write 2000+ lines of Scala code yourself, with guidance, and you will become a rockstar.
This course is for Scala programmers who need to design complex, scalable systems, or need to customize existing tools (e.g. Spark) or write their own.
Why mastering Scala:
- it’s the hottest language based on the Java Virtual Machine – the number of Scala jobs has exploded, but demand is even higher
- Scala offers significantly higher pay (> 20%) than same-level Java positions – the top Scala devs are paid 2x, 10x, even more!
- it’s incredibly fun – once tasted Scala, you’ll never want to get back
- you will not have any trouble using some of the latest technologies written in Scala – Spark, Akka and more
I like to get to the point and get things done. This course
- deconstructs advanced Scala concepts into the critical pieces you need
- selects the most important ideas in Scala and separates them into the critical and nice-to-have
- sequences ideas in a way that “clicks” and makes sense throughout the process of learning
- applies everything in live code
The end benefits are still much greater:
- a completely new level of skill with the Scala language
- significant bump in salary when you switch to Scala – return on investment for this course >100x in the first year alone!
- more enjoyable work – Scala is fun!
- future-proof skills – you’ll be able to work with some of the cutting edge technologies (Spark, Akka etc)
This course is for established programmers with experience with Scala and with functional programming at the level of the Rock the JVM Scala beginners course. I already assume a solid understanding of general programming fundamentals. If you’ve never coded before, this course is not for you.
The course is comprehensive, but you’ll always see me get straight to the point. So make sure you have a good level of focus and commitment to become a badass programmer.
I believe both theory and practice are important. That’s why you’ll get lectures with code examples, real life Scala code demos and assignments, plus additional resources, instructions, exercises and solutions. At the end of the course, you’ll have written thousands of lines of Scala.
I’ve seen that my students are most successful – and my best students work at Google-class companies and committing to Scala repositories – when they’re guided, but not being told what to do. I have assignments waiting for you, where I offer my (opinionated) guidance but otherwise freedom to experiment and improve upon your Scala code.
Definitely not least, my students are most successful when they have fun along the way!
So join me in this course and let’s rock the JVM!
Who this course is for:
- Scala developers who need to design highly complex systems, APIs or frameworks
- Big data engineers who need to customize Spark code or other tools written in Scala