In a nutshell, I’m a serial entrepreneur, techie, life hacker, expert PM and MBA (x2). But at heart, I’m also an Educator.
Mauricio in Numbers
Founded or co-founded 9 business startups.
Invested in 8 personal startups.
Studied 2 MBAs and 1 Bachelor of Engineering.
Teaching hundreds of thousands of students in more than 180 countries worldwide (that’s nearly every country on the planet!).
Traveled to 10 Countries and lived in 4.
Lives in the most beautiful city in the world, frequently ranked in the Top 10 places to live & visit.
Works for a prestigious University, ranked 1st in Australia and 8th in the world among young Universities.
Worked for a Fortune 500 company (Johnson&Johnson) for 6 years. During that time received a High Performance and Global Leadership award.
Was in the Top 40 in the world that were part of J&J’s Global Operations Leadership Development program inaugural class.
Created over 100 Online Magazines with more than 18,000 curated articles from all over the world.
Host of the Join Me for Coffee Podcast with over 80 Episodes and counting.
Speaks 3 languages (English, Spanish and Portuguese).
[NEW] Recent Accomplishments
-Published a new book: The Mini Book of Agile, now available on Amazon
-Published a new book: How to Make Money in the Modern World, now available on Amazon
-Received a letter of recognition from the CEO of a Billion dollar company for my contributions in an Agile project
-Entered the High Income Earners bracket in Australia, one of the wealthiest countries on the planet
-Tripled the passive income from my startups in less than a year
-Launched a Research Data Management Plan tool for Researchers
-In the Top 10% Most Engaging Instructors on Udemy
-Won a Hackathon by creating an immersive virtual reality experience
-Achieved an Agile DSDM certification
-Rolled out OneDrive to over 8K users in a business for collaboration and data management
-Successfully migrated over half a BILLION archived emails from an on-prem solution to Office 365 in the Cloud
My passion for entrepreneurship, technology and education started when I was just a kid. By the time I was 15 I had already started three businesses: candy commercialization at school, newspaper recycling in my community and car washing for family and friends. I had also moved from Colombia (South America) to the U.S. to experience first-hand the American culture, something I was always curious about. By the time I had reached my 20’s I had moved on to a knowledge based business, teaching English. And the rest as they say is history. I got married, became a self-taught investor, started trading stocks in the U.S., Australian and Colombian markets, traveled the world, migrated to Australia, did 2 MBAs and started all the startups listed below. I also speak three languages (English, Spanish and Portuguese), have been to over 60 cities in 10 countries & 4 continents and have also lived in Colombia, Mexico, USA and Australia (my home).
1) AgileKB – The Agile Knowledge Base | Everything you need to know about Agile Project Management & Agile Delivery
2) AgileLee – Online Courses, Audio Books, Templates, Coaching & More
3) thePMKB – The Product Management & Project Management Knowledge Base | Everything you need to know about Product Management and Project Management
4) Ureducation – Free Online Courses & Outlet Priced Courses | Curated Online Courses from the world’s leading Online Training Providers and Instructors
5) Podcasters Haven – Shutdown | Global Online Community for Podcasters and aspiring Podcasters
6) TOTC: The Online Teachers Club – Shutdown | An Online Teaching Community
7) Udemy – 38 courses launched, more to come | Knowledge turned into useful / commercially viable courses
8) Numbby – Shutdown | a crowdsourced/curated source of data, statistics and everything in numbers.
9) Todoenbienes – Shutdown | a social network for selling and buying products and services.
1) Global MBA with Tulane University. Studied in New Orleans (USA), Paris (France) and Beijing (China).
2) Migrated to Australia as a Permanent Resident and Skilled Professional.
3) Started a Street Performance Documentary on YouTube (you can google it, just enter “Street Performance Documentary Mauricio Rubio Parra”).
4) MauricioRubio the website – On Going | Free knowledge sharing. It’s my way of giving back to the world.
5) Amazing photography – Find it on Instagram (just search “_mauriciorubio”)
6) Quora – Answering questions for the world
7) Join Me for Coffee Podcast – News, technology and my recent thoughts
8) The Mini Book of Agile – a book that jam packs the key concepts, fundamentals and tools of Agile Project Management, Agile Development & Agile Delivery
***Behind the Scenes
It’s not all pink, ponies and rainbows. Even though I have had many successes as a person, professional and entrepreneur, I have also been rejected many times. A lot of people have not believed in my projects or ideas and have not supported me in my journey. Yet, like Jack Ma I have kept moving fwd because I strongly believe I’m doing the right thing in pursuing my dreams and projects (go to youtube and search “Jack Ma rejected by Harvard”). Here is a list of the people who have rejected me recently (to name a few):
1) The prestigious University MIT, twice in 2016
2) The Boston Global Mass Challenge in 2014.
3) The Colombian Government – Trip to Silicon Valley in 2014.
Skills & Areas of Expertise
-Agile Development & Agile Delivery
-Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
-Job Interviews, Resume/CV & Cover Letter Optimization
-Supply Chain & Operations
-Spanish, English and Portuguese
Pledge to All Students (both current & future students)
Students First. I will never compromise your experience to make money. Never, ever. Yes, this is also a business but to me teaching goes way beyond making money. I already have a full time job and fortunately don’t rely on teaching to survive. You are always at the forefront of my courses and I want to ensure you have a unique, valuable and memorable experience. I promise.
24x7x365 Support. You can contact me 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, year round, even on holidays, Christmas and New Years Eve; I will get back to you quickly (in a few hours tops) and deliver outstanding quality of service in my support. I promise.
Humbleness, kindness and social responsibility. I believe in giving back to you and the world. So think of me as your own real-life human “Siri.” If you need advice or support just ask. And if I can do something to help you in your journey, I will. I promise.
Australian Made. Recognized in the Industry as a symbol of quality and excellence. All my courses are Made in Australia with high tech and professionally edited. They also include my secret sauce: a lot of passion & love. I also apply in my courses everything I’ve learnt from years of experience working with technology, projects, entrepreneurs and people all over the world. I promise.
Quality over Quantity. I will strive to make courses concise, to the point and relevant. Time is one of our most valuable assets and we need to invest it carefully. So I won’t make a course long for the purpose of displaying it has more hours; only when strictly necessary. To me it’s about quality and if I can deliver that in 5 minutes and save you time, I will. I promise.
Why do I teach?
-Because I love sharing knowledge and helping others
-To make the world a better place
-To empower others to reach their full potential
-To create a sustainable, wealthy future for my family
-To help others reach their goals
“I’m not an ideal man, but a man of ideas” -Khodorkovsky
What am I working on right now?
-I’m preparing to make a multi-million dollar investment to secure my family’s wealth for generations
-Growing the business and making improvements & enhancements across the board. This is one of my specialties and a key reason for my success. I never stop working on this, which the Japanese call “Kaizen” or Continuous Improvement
-Diversifying the business across different channels, markets and countries