An Introduction to the DNP3 SCADA Communications Protocol Free Tutorial Download
Basic knowledge of PLC hardware, especially Inputs and Outputs
Awareness of wireless radio communication
Awareness of Factory Automation protocols using in Industry
If you are involved or will be involved in data acquisition and control of equipment spread over large geographical areas, then you need to have a working knowledge of the DNP3 protocol.
If you work in the areas of Electrical Transmission and Distribution, Water and Waste Water Management, Oil / Gas or Security systems, then having a working knowledge of the DNP3 protocol is a significant asset.
This course has been designed with practicality in mind. At the end of this course, you will know how DNP3 devices represent data in memory and the types of messaging that they use to exchange data. You will also perform practical exercises using simulation software, allowing you to get first hand experience in configuring DNP3 devices for communications. Essentially, you will have a new practical skill in the field of SCADA Telemetry and Wide Area Communication.
Specifically, in this course, you will learn:
– The difference between SCADA and Factory Automation protocols.
– How DNP3 devices represent data in memory.
– DNP3 network messaging types.
– DNP3 terminology: RTU, FIU, Report By Exception, Polled and Unsolicited Communication.
– Configuration of settings in DNP3 devices.
– Configuration and simulation of DNP3 communication.
– Implementation levels and standards.
– DNP3 data frame formats.
and much more …
Who is this course for?
- Electrical Engineers
- Electrical Technicians
- Electrical Tech or Engineering Students
- Process Control Technicians and Engineers
- Process Automation Engineers
- Programmers working in the Process Automation field
- SCADA Designers and Engineers
- SCADA Technician