Concurrency allows multiple tasks to run at the same time. Understanding concurrency is an important part of iOS app development. When used correctly, it can create a pleasant user experience and can even avoid crashing your app. In this course, you will learn about the new concurrency features available in Swift using Async/Await and Actors.
Async/Await and Actors are the future direction of concurrency in Swift and this course will teach you the concepts and practical uses of these modern features. After completing this course, you will be comfortable to add these new features in your applications.
- Xcode 13 or above
- Knowledge of Swift language is recommended
- macOS Catalina or above
- Knowledge of SwiftUI is recommended
- Passion for development and an open mind
- This is not a beginners course
Let’s check out the contents discussed in the course:
- Understanding Concurrent Programming
- Getting Started with Async & Await (Dates App)
- Understanding MVVM Design Pattern
- Dates App Using MVVM
- Exposing your Functions as Async/Await Using Continuation
- Project: News App
- Understanding Structured Concurrency in Swift
- Project: Random Images and Quotes
Who this course if for:
- Students who want to learn about new concurrency features in Swift language.
- Anyone interested in learning modern concurrency programming techniques using Swift.
- Students who want to learn the new Async/Await and Actor features.
Don’t take my word for it, take a look at some of the amazing reviews for my other courses.
Great course, Azam skips the basic stuff yet does CLEARLY explain the important concepts that most courses miss or fail to provide clear details about. It looks like he keeps the course up to date as well, either by adding updated lessons or notes explaining changes in the swift framework in the notes.
This course was above my expectations indeed. Very valuable, and thank you Azam.
The last 6 months I’ve followed many courses, but this Section by far has helped my understanding of ObseravableObject, @State etc.Im sure I’m going to run into some problems putting this into practice, but at least I have this course to come back to reference.
As every course by Azam is awesome, full of information and Great explanations and examples, simply amazing. Azam is such a Great Teacher. If you really want to learn and make good use of your money, he is the right Choice.
Who this course is for:
- Students who wants to learn the new async/await syntax
- Students who wants to learn concurrency features using Swift Actors
- Students who wants to write modern concurrent code using async-let, task groups etc
- Students who wants to convert their callback functions to async/await syntax