Basics of BIND DNS Server
What you’ll learn
- Setting up Infra for BIND DNS server
- Create BIND DNS server from scratch
- How DNS name resolution works and how to create DNS records
- Basics of any Linux/Unix
- PC/Laptop/VM with 866Mhz CPU, 01GB RAM and 10G disk space
- Super user access on Linux/Unix server
BIND is open source software that enables you to publish your Domain Name System (DNS) information on the Internet, and to resolve DNS queries for your users. The name BIND stands for “Berkeley Internet Name Domain”.
Why to use BIND?
- BIND is opensource.
- You can tailor the BIND as per your Organization requirements.
- Oldest and most commonly used DNS server.
In this quick course on BIND – we will discuss the following sections :
- Introduction to BIND
- LAB requirements & setup details
- Pre-requesties & BIND installation
- Configure firewall for DNS
- Configure BIND to accpet the dns requests
- Configure domain zone configuration
- Create forward and reverse lookup files
- Validate and secure the dns configuration
- Test the name resolution
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who want to learn the basics of BIND DNS server
Password : freetuts.download