Blockchain technology emerged in tandem with Bitcoin, but its potential far exceeds its function in the world of cryptocurrency. Blockchain offers enterprises a way to store all manner of data in a more secure, efficient, and validated manner—a boon for companies of all stripes. In this course, learn how to tap into the power of enterprise blockchain as a developer as you build a working application using Hyperledger Fabric in Microsoft Azure. Instructor Gurinder Singh Mann explores the fundamentals of enterprise blockchain and covers the basics of the Hyperledger Fabric network, an enterprise-grade permissioned distributed ledger technology (DLT) platform. After digging into these key concepts, he steps through how to build an app using Hyperledger Fabric.
- Public vs. private ledgers
- Managing identity in Hyperledger Fabric
- Smart contracts
- How consensus mechanisms are achieved in the network
- Leveraging Hyperledger tools
- Deploying Hyperledger Fabric on Azure
- Querying the network for transactions