Building Web Applications with Ember – Learn to Build Web Apps with Ember JS
You will begin by getting your computer environment ready to develop using Ember. We show you everything you need to know about setting up your development environment. We cover the installation of Ember/Quickstart and walk you through the Ember framework. Then we ensure that you are ready to deploy, debug, and test your environment. Moving forward, you explore templates (Ember uses the handlebars library as the default templating engine) and implement conditionals, links, and actions. You’ll also write your own helpers to customize your view layer.
Also, you take a look at Ember Data and create the necessary models. You then explore the various adapters that are available to connect with various backend/API servers. And finally, you set up components and acquire a deeper understanding of this important Ember construct. You will build upon the previous section, to the point where you can handle actions in components.
Rather than focusing on test-driving code, this book’s emphasis is on understanding the framework and adding tests as we write, to confirm that your codebase is sturdy. Once you’ve mastered the framework, test driving will be easier to follow.
Table of Contents:
– Chapter 1 Introducing Ember.js and Ambitious Web Applications
– Chapter 2 The Basics
– Chapter 3 Ember Boilerplate and Workflow
– Chapter 4 Building the RocknRollCall Prototype: Templates
– Chapter 5 Building the RocknRollCall Prototype: The Router, Routes, and Models
– Chapter 6 Building the RocknRollCall Prototype: Controllers, Views, Data Binding, and Events
– Chapter 7 Persisting Data
– Chapter 8 Building an Ember Backend
– Chapter 9 Ember Components
– Chapter 10 Ember Testing
Manufacturer: Pocket Publishing / Packt Publishing
Teacher: Jesse Cravens, Thomas Brady
Level: Secondary, Secondary
Training Time: 2 hours + 30 minutes
File Size: 369 MB