Color Freedom – Using the Recolor Artwork Tool in Adobe Illustrator Free Tutorial Download
Color is a fun, exciting, incredibly important, and sometimes intimidating part of illustrating and designing. Adobe Illustrator makes using, editing, and mastering color a fun, simple, empowering, and inspiring process.
Do you get stuck in a rut when you’re trying to choose color palettes or just not know which colors work well together and why? Is it super tedious changing one color at a time in Illustrator, or do you find yourself wishing there were a faster way to edit and experiment with colors in your artwork? Do you simply wish you had a fun and easy way to change colors that would give you a new sense of freedom and inspiration in your art-making process? If your answer to any of these questions is YES, then this class is for you!
In this class you’ll learn how to use my very favorite tool in Adobe Illustrator: The Recolor Artwork Tool. You will learn to quickly and easily change colors in your artwork and come up with new color combinations that you’d never considered before. Get ready for the doors to your color freedom to swing wide open!
What You’ll Learn
- What can and can’t be recolored with the Recolor Artwork Tool
- How to choose a color palette
- Creating and saving new color palettes and color groups
- What Pantones are and how and when to use them
- Converting colors and artwork to Pantones
- Using the color randomizer within the Recolor Artwork Tool
- Using color groups to test colorways within the Recolor Artwork Tool
- Manually changing colors with the Recolor Artwork Tool
- Locking colors
- Using Global Adjustments
- Saving different colorways
What You’ll Need
- A computer
- Adobe Illustrator