Complete Guide to Microsoft Power Automate (Flow) Free Tutorial Download
This course goes starts from the basic level, so no prerequisites are required. Come hungry to learn!
Familiarity with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, especially Excel formulas) is desired but not required
Willingness to learn
Power Automate was previously called Microsoft Flow
Have you ever wanted to automate a repetitive task? Are you an automation enthusiast? Do you want your business to be more efficient? If so, then welcome to Power Automate
Learn from more than 10 hours of relevant instructional video content, with many resources and further reading at your disposal!
Automate any tasks! Build automated workflows with no code. Power Automate is a development environment created by Microsoft to quickly create flows, which can automate any repetitive task that you have (both personal and for work). Power Automate is built for people who want to automate their tasks so that they can be more efficient.
Any task or business process can be automated. It can be something simple like “Get the most recent document from this website and email it to all my users every morning” or something more complex like “Retweet all tweets that mention my brand in a positive way”.
Power Automate is quickly growing in demand and is currently the highest adopted automation system in medium-to-large companies (along with PowerApps) and one of the most sought after Microsoft skills, both personally and for business. People have leveraged Power Automate to free up several hours in their work day, so that they can focus on more important things. In fact, Forrester has reported that Power Automate makes businesses on average 15% more efficient. In Microsoft’s words, Power Automate empowers everyone, from end users to technology experts.
Power Automate also contains both attended and unattended Robotic Process Automation (RPA) capabilities. You can start implementing RPA in your workflow with Power Automate. In fact, Power Automate was labelled as an RPA Visionary by Gartner in July 2020, and RPA continues to become more popular.
This is the only complete guide to Microsoft Power Automate, from basic to advanced. This course is not only comprehensive (it covers everything you need to know right from the start / beginner level) but is also instructional in nature, meaning that as we learn new concepts, we are also integrating them in the application with examples. Don’t just learn concepts, learn how to actually apply them. That also means that whether you are a beginner or expert, there’s something for you in this course.
This course is structured in a way that helps you learn all the concepts. For each concept, we first cover it in theory and then apply it using a real life example. We also progressively learn more and more advanced concepts, so that you never feel overwhelmed and can achieve your goals. I also respond to questions, and have an interactive portion in the course!
Again, this is the complete guide to Power Automate – you won’t ever need another course. We will also update the course if there is a newer version or if newer features get released!
What is Power Automate?
Power Automate is a tool that allows you to build and execute flows, which can automate and streamline any repetitive tasks. It has the ability to connect to wide variety of applications (twitter, slack, outlook, drive, file system, third party via API) and can also contain complex logic like conditions or loops. It is also frequently used to develop Robotic Process Automation (RPA) within businesses. Almost any repetitive task can be replaced by Power Automate.
What are the main features of Power Automate?
- Microsoft ecosystem – Power Automate is similar to other familiar Microsoft applications, like Word or Excel. It has the same ribbon structure and similar design, which makes it easy to learn and transfer knowledge. Power Automate is Microsoft’s way to build and execute flows, similar to how PowerPoint is Microsoft’s way to build presentations.
- Easy to use – No coding necessary or even required. Similar to other Microsoft applications, it’s a drag-and-drop system which makes thing easy, and has an amazing user-friendly interface to create flow diagrams.
- Connect to anything – Power Automate has hundreds of pre-built connectors, allowing your flows to interact with several applications at once (like Outlook, Slack, Text, Trello, Filesystem, Drive, SQL). It also allows you to connect to any third-party application via API, and allows to interact with both Desktop and Web user interface.
- Create any logic – Power Automate can make both simple (trigger and action) and complex (trigger, condition, loop, approval, action, etc.). It also has an approval feature, allowing you to get approval from someone before your flow can continue. This is useful for automating business processes.
- Customize to your heart’s desire – Power Automate allows you to build your flow your way. This means that you can build the flow in your vision – your imagination is your only limitation!
- Powerful scaling – Flows have a powerful monitoring feature, allowing you to see how flows have performed for all your users. Flows can also be shared among colleagues with ease, and can scale up as your business or personal needs grow.
Why Learn Power Automate?
- Boost your productivity – Power Automate can automate any repetitive task, meaning that you can have more time in the day for what matters most.
- Create impact fast in your business – Power Automate can replace many mundane business process tasks with the click of a few buttons, without any code. Do you have a process in your organization or with yourself that is currently that can be automated? Power Automate allows you to replace this with an automated flow.
- Get hired / increase your employability – Power Automate is one of the fastest growing tools in medium-to-large businesses, and is expected to be one of the top sought after Microsoft skill. Put this skill on your resume to boost your chances and pay rate. It is also a must-have for automation enthusiasts.
- Improve your toolkit – Add this to your list of Microsoft skills – this is very powerful in conjunction with other Microsoft products (PowerApps, Office, PowerBI, Azure, 365, etc.)
Why Choose This Course?
- Complete guide – this is the 100% start to finish, zero to hero, basic to advanced guide on Power Automate. There is no other course like it that teaches you everything from start to finish. It contains over 10 hours of instructional content!
- Fully instructional – we not only go through important concepts, but also apply them as we are building our application so that we can solidify them. This is not only a walkthrough of the Power Automate features, but a course that actually builds flows with you
- Step by step – we go through every single concept in a sequential order (from beginner to advanced). This improves your probabilities of learning Power Automate rather than going haphazardly through each feature.
- Learn to learn – During the latter parts of the course, we go through situations where we encounter new features or errors, and work through how we would use the documentation to resolve them. In this way, you not only learn about Power Automate inside and out, but learn how to resolve your own issues as they come up
- Teacher response – I have a response time of <8 hours, so if there’s anything else you would like to learn, or if there’s something you cannot figure out, I’m here for you!
- Great resources – Resources, and further reading can help you in your learning journey
Course and Module Overview
- Introduction – learn about Power Automate, its features, how to learn through this course, and what a flow is
- Environment Setup – make a Power Automate account and set up your development environment
- Basic: build and run your first flow using simple connectors and templates
- Beginner: create your own flow from scratch and learn about triggers, actions, and dynamic content
- Intermediate: build more flows with complex controls, approvals and , advanced connectors
- Advanced: Developer Mode – get expertise on good development practices, error handling, and custom expressions / functions
- Advanced: Other Flows – learn how to build and execute UI flows and business process dedicated flows
- Reference Material and Further Reading – resources to help you expand your knowledge
If you want to learn Microsoft Power Automate, this is the course for you. We’re looking forward to having you in the course and hope you earn the certificate.
Who this course is for:
- Analysts / Managers who want to automate any repetitive task to save time
- Analysts / Managers who want to integrate automation into their business processes, saving time for everyone!
- Students who want to impress employers with a relevant high-in-demand and growing Microsoft skill
- Anyone who has a repetitive task that they want to automate
- Anyone who wants to create an automated workflow
- Seasoned Power Automate users / developers who want to enhance their skills (expert and advanced sections)
- Automation and Robotic Process Automation (RPA) enthusiasts