Designing and Deploying VMware Horizon View 7 [FCO] Free Tutorial Download
- Master effective deployment for your VMware Horizon View 7 infrastructure
- Secure Horizon View with SSL Certificates and True SSO
- Build several different desktops according to end user requirements
- Optimize desktops for delivery to end users
- Deliver remote applications with View-hosted apps
- Deliver session-based desktops with Horizon View
- Basic experience of desktop management using Windows and Microsoft Office, and a familiarity with Active Directory, SQL, Windows Remote Desktop Session Hosting, and the VMware vSphere technology.
This video course introduces you to the security aspects of Horizon View with SSL Certificates and True SSO and shows how these solutions can be implemented. You will then build a virtual desktop OS and several different desktops, ready for delivery to end users. You’ll utilize the advantages afforded by the modern desktop and application delivery architecture of Horizon View and deliver only applications by publishing these to end users; you’ll also deliver desktop sessions, rather than full desktops.
With the help of these features, you’ll reduce the storage space required, and cut down on operational costs, by deploying truly stateless desktops. Towards the end of the video, you will investigate these features and configure Horizon View to deliver applications and desktop sessions to end users, thus ensuring painless application packaging and installation and making your life easy.
About the Authors
Peter von Oven is an experienced technical consultant and has spent the past 20 years of his IT career working with customers and partners in designing technology solutions aimed at delivering true business value. During his career, Peter has been involved in numerous large-scale enterprise projects and deployments and has presented at key IT events, such as VMworld, IP EXPO, and various VMUGs and CCUG events across the UK. He has also worked in senior presales roles and presales management roles for some IT giants—such as Fujitsu, HP, Citrix, and VMware—and was awarded VMware vExpert for 2015 and 2016. Over the past 12 years and more, Peter has focused his skills and experience by specializing in the desktop and application virtualization market and today works as the UK&I, Benelux, and Nordics Pre-Sales Director for the market-leading desktop transformation specialists, Liquidware Labs.
Peter got his first taste for writing when assisting with some of the chapters in the book Building End-User Computing Solutions with VMware View, which then led to six other Packt titles: VMware Horizon Mirage Essentials; VMware Horizon Workspace Essentials, co-written with Peter Bjork and Joel Lindberg; VMware Horizon View Essentials; Mastering VMware Horizon 6, co-written with Barry Coombs; Learning VMware App Volumes; and Mastering VMware Horizon 7 Second Edition.
- This video course will appeal to administrators and architects.