Hello & welcome to my Photography for beginners and aspiring pros.
My name is Chris Parker and I’ve been a pro photographer for 30 years. Take your photography skills to the next level and take better photos with this photography 101 course.
- Photography is an art form and you’ll learn the secret to taking better photos, every time. Learn from a 30 year photography pro and discover my creative process for capturing stunning images.
- It doesn’t matter what type of photography you’re interested in.
- The photography techniques you’ll learn can be applied to any type of photography; landscape, weddings, newborn, commercial, product, food, portrait photography and much more.
- Or maybe you just want to be able to take better photos on your next vacation? You definitely will, once you learn the exact techniques I use.
- Plus, you’ll learn real-world advice for deciding on the approach you want for YOUR creative vision. Watch in-studio and on-location photography shoots and see my creative process in action… and I explain everything during the process too. We’ll then study the images to help re-enforce what you learn.
Here’s a (huge) list of all things you’ll learn…
- Photography DSLR FUNdamentals. Fundamentals don’t have to be boring. Understanding the fundamentals is key for a solid foundation in building your photography skills.
- Get ready to take your photography skills to the next level with Exposure. In part 1, you’ll learn the basics of each component that makes up the exposure. You’ll even learn something that is being mis-taught by other instructors.
- In part 2 of exposure, we’ll take a deep dive into the Aperture. Includes in-depth explanations to help you finally understand Aperture and all those pesky numbers. You’ll finally know which Aperture does what for your creative vision.
- In part 3 of exposure, we’ll now take a deep dive into the Shutter Speed. You’ll learn the creative options this camera setting provides, when to use a tripod (to avoid camera shake), how to freeze the action or create silky smooth water.
- In part 4 of exposure, we’ll explore the ISO. You’ll learn all about the good and bad of this camera setting, how it actually works and when you might need to adjust this camera setting.
- The next two tutorials include my secret weapon and an often overlooked camera setting. You’ll learn how to use the secret weapon for perfect exposures. Which means you’ll be able to take back creative control from your camera and manually set your settings for the exact type of photo you want. Simple and easy with this tool. Guaranteed. Next, you’ll learn how to see light in a way you’ve never done before. This too will help you creatively and save you time while editing in Lightroom or Photoshop (or any other software).
- Next, we’ll take all that information and bring it together in a live studio demonstration. We’ll go over every camera setting we’ve learned and trouble shoot how to choose which one. Then, we’ll bring those photos into Lightroom to see how our selections effect the creative outcome. Plus, I’ll share additional photography examples of what you learned.
- It’s now time to venture outside for another photography demonstration. I’ll share with you my creative decision process for choosing specific camera settings. We’ll then bring those images into Lightroom for comparison.
- Finally, you’ll learn how I edit images in Lightroom. Plus, we’ll take one of the outdoor shots and do a complete Classic Edit. Plus, I’ll provide some additional pro editing tips too.
And you’ll learn much more in this photography course…
Get to know your camera…
- Getting to know the basics of your camera
- Focusing Modes – which ones to use and why
- Shooting Modes – which ones to use and why
- Drive Modes – when and why to use which ones
- Quality Modes – what they are and my recommend mode
- Metering Modes – the basics (explained in detail in the Exposure section)
- White Balance – what it is and my recommendation
Get to know your photography lenses…
- New vs. Old – should you buy new or used? Find out.
- Off Brand vs. Name Brand – should you buy name brand or Sigma, Tamron, etc..? Find out.
- Parts of lenses – the different parts of your lens
- Focal length – learn what it is
- When to use which lens – learn to use which focal length when
- Cropped sensor – learn what it is and how to determine which lens to buy
- Types of lenses – learn the different types of lenses
- Prime lenses – learn why this is my favorite type of lens
- Zoom lenses – learn about the different types of zoom lenses
- Macro lenses – learn which one you should buy and why
- Fish eye lenses – learn why I returned this lens
- Tilt/Shift lenses – learn how to use this lens for creativity and/or for architecture
- Lens Baby lenses – learn about this cool, creative lens option
Master & understand light…
- What is light & where does it come from
- Do you really know what light is?
- Visible light spectrum
- How your eyes see things and how they have color
- How your eyes see light vs. your camera
- The 3 behaviors of light
- Tones & dynamic ranges
- HDR photography basics
- Understand the 4 types of contrast
- Learn the 4 characteristics of light
Master your camera settings to ditch auto & shoot manually…
- Learn the exposure triangle and the missing element
- Master aperture for full creative control
- Master shutter speed for another creative option
- Truly understand and master ISO for achieving your creative vision
- Understand exposure and why it’s important to nail in-camera
- Learn 2 analogies (better than the exposure triangle) to help you master the 3 camera settings to shoot manually
- Learn a built-in (in your camera) secret tool to help you shoot manually and nail your exposure in-camera
- Learn about the exposure value and how to use for perfect exposures
- Learn what composition is and means
- Learn how to improve your photography with pro composition techniques
- Learn what the “rule of thirds” is and how to use it for better compositions
- the different elements that help with composition
- Aspect Ratio essentials
- the 7 “Ingredients” of Composition
- and much more
I’ll share with you everything you need to know about shooting manually. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to ditch Auto and shoot in Manual Mode.
This photography course will start off with the basics of photography; Understanding the Exposure Triangle. We’ll also go beyond the “triangle” and learn about it’s limitations and why it’s so complicated.
Next up, learning about what an Aperture is, Shutter Speed and (the accurate and semi-technical – that most people don’t teach – explanation of) ISO.
Then, you’ll learn an easier way to understand (photography) Exposure (say good-bye to the Exposure Triangle) with 2 different analogies. At this point, you’ll almost be ready to start shooting manually.
But first, you’ll learn about a cool tool in your camera – the Light Meter. Plus, you’ll learn about the Exposure Indicator (and EV). Both will help you nail your Exposure in-camera. Which will help elevate your photography skills to the next level.
Once you’ve reached this point of the photography course, you’ll begin practicing what you’ve learned: in Manual Mode!
Throughout this photography classroom, there will be additional projects and supporting documents to help you understand (and retain) what you’ve learned about taking awesome photos.
Photography course for photography beginners & aspiring pros. Learn full creative photography control from a pro.