No necessary experience required
Welcome to a beginners comprehensive look at the new Unreal Engine 5. UE5 is used by professionals and beginners alike to create stunning real-time content with the help of the new Lumen Lighting System and Nanite Virtualized Geometry Engine. It has never been easier to get started as a Game, Architectural, or Product Developer and create amazing content.
- Planning a project
- Setting up a project for the first time
- Building a VR project
- And lots more…
What You’ll Need
- Epic Games account (free)
- Epic Games launcher (free)
- To install Unreal Engine 5.0 Early Access
- Windows computer
- Unreal runs slow even on M1 Mac with Parallels Windows Virtual Machine
- No VR headset or controllers required (but recommended)
- We’ll use the simulator
All source files provided!
- Open with the Epic Games Launcher
- Visual scripting
- Alternative to C++
- Great for beginners
- Easier to debug
- Good to know both
You made it!
Upon completion of this course, you will have a better understanding of level design workflow and also have the skills necessary to translate your own ideas for different game environments.
We will support you on your journey
Mammoth Interactive produces online eDegrees and tutorials primarily on programming and technology. 1 million students and growing have enrolled in this online school since its inception.
Build a portfolio alongside your instructor to go step by step through projects. Learn by doing in your next Mammoth Interactive course, whether you want to learn software development, machine learning, Excel or more.
Who this course is for:
- Complete beginners with no prior experience
- Game programmers who want to get into level design
- Experienced game developers who want to brush up their skills
What you’ll learn
How to install and navigate Unreal Engine 5
How to place and transform different world geometries
How to add details, effects, and lighting
How to create and apply textures, layers, and materials