Learn the fundamentals of an amplifier. This course will greatly help the students (especially students of first and second year of engineering) to understand transistors, FETs etc. Finally, the course is so designed that if anyone goes from lecture 1 to last lecture the entire subject can be thoroughly understood easily. So let’s have a highlight of the entire course quickly-
- Understand the fundamentals of Amplifiers.
- Analysis of different types of Ideal amplifiers, i.e. Voltage Controlled Voltage Source (VCVS), Voltage Controlled Current Source (VCCS), Current Controlled Voltage Source (CCVS) and Current Controlled Current Source (CCCS).
- Understand each type of amplifiers through proper examples.
- Discussion on Cascading. It is really interesting to know how cascading increases the amplification factor for an amplifier.
- Analysis of Input output parameter relations of an amplifier by defining Z parameter, Y parameter, h parameter and g parameter. Here, we will learn that every amplifier can be represented by one of these parameters.
- Equivalent circuits of an amplifier for different parameters. The pictorial representations will be extremely helpful for the students.
- Properties of a general amplifier i.e. Current gain, Voltage gain, Power gain, Input impedance and output impedance. This is thoroughly discussed through different parameters such as Z parameter, Y parameter etc.
- The effect of frequency on an amplifier has thoroughly been discussed.
- Classification of Amplifiers based on range of operation in frequency.