Five-minute creative writing challenges Free Tutorial Download
What you’ll learn
KNOW the techniques great writers use
BE ABLE to use these techniques to create compelling and interesting descriptive writing
and, ENJOY experimenting with creative writing!
You’ll need to be able to read and write in English with relative confidence
Be ready to concentrate and get writing!
If you’re looking for short and engaging writing activities to inspire creativity for you or your child, then this is the course for you!
This course will hone your writing skills, help you write the novel of your dreams, or compliment a homeschooling curriculum.
In each of the short lectures, English teacher and novelist, Luke Richardson:
- demonstrates a writing technique
- explains how good writers use that technique
- and sets a practise task
What students say about Luke Richardson’s courses
★★★★★ “Well paced course for kids. Each section is just the right size to engage and challenge.”
★★★★★ “It was really fun and the amazing planning helped me write the story.”
★★★★★ “Thank you, the kids really enjoyed it and wrote something great.”
★★★★★ “I have needed this class for a long time. Thank you so much Luke Richardson for taking the time to teach this course… I am learning so much.”
★★★★★ “I can’t thank Luke Richardson enough for this course. My little boy hates writing with a passion, and I was a desperate mum when I bumped into the course. I am so impressed, please pretty please can we have some more?”
★★★★★ “The course will seriously start my writing career!”
So far, there are sessions on:
- using sound in your writing
- incorporating a variety of sentences
- using interesting sentences
- using repetition
- descriptive writing techniques
- using adverbs
- extended metaphors
- writing great character dialogue
- developing interesting characters
- borrowing ideas from classic stories
- describing characters
- and creating mystery in your writing
Sessions are added frequently so make sure you check back.
Sessions in this course can stand alone, or be watched in order. Pick and choose, or just press start!
And, of course, if you’re not 100% satisfied there’s a no questions asked money-back guarantee. There’s nothing to lose, but a whole lot to gain!
- This course is aimed at children or young people looking to develop their creative writing skills
- That said, in the past adults which an interest in creative writing have enjoyed them too!