When it comes to work, do you ever feel like a helpless cog in a big machine, always at the complete mercy of your bosses and unable to influence the direction of your company or your career? Well, you’re not alone. Many employees are overwhelmed by the power structures at work and unsure about how to insert themselves into the decision-making process.
If you want to go from being a follower to a leader, you have to start thinking strategically. Whether you’re an entry-level employee or a seasoned professional, having a well-thought-out strategy and the ability to implement it is critical to getting the opportunities you need to be successful in your career.
Taught by respected entrepreneur, consultant, author and teacher Beate Chelette, this course provides you with a step-by-step guide to creating a personalized strategic roadmap that will get you where you want to go in work and life.
In this class, you’ll learn how to:
- Decide what you want from your career and your professional relationships.
- Identify the must-haves and the negotiables in your work life.
- Figure out which projects and tasks are worth your effort and which aren’t, and what activities will bring you maximized results.
- Develop a strategic roadmap for professional success and career advancement based on your personal goals.
- Utilize reverse engineering to design the steps and the process to achieve your desired outcomes.