We guarantee you that this is the most comprehensive and up-to-date DevOps Bootcamp that you can find to learn and master Linux, from scratch. Sure, other Linux sysadmin training courses and youtube videos can teach you the basics. But this course will ensure you actually retain what you’re learning by giving you the chance to apply Linux in real-world scenarios with quizzes and challenges at the end of each section. You will also get hands-on experience by configuring a Linux Server from scratch in the cloud.
Linux powers the internet. It’s everywhere. From the smallest to the biggest companies like Amazon, Microsoft, SpaceX, they’re all using Linux on their backend. This course isn’t just for those that want to become Linux Sysadmins. It’s for anyone that realizes that at some point, they will have to work with Linux in their career and wants to expand their skillset and make an investment in their career.
This course is NOT like any other Linux Administration course you can take online. By the end of this course, you will have the skills to get hired as an effective Linux System Engineer or Administrator.
This DevOps Bootcamp and Linux Administration course covers every major topic, including all important Linux commands, the Linux Filesystem, File Permissions, Process Management, User Account Management, Software Management, Networking in Linux, System Administration, Bash Scripting, Iptables/Netfilter Firewall, Linux Security and many more.
Graduates of Zero To Mastery are now working at Google, Tesla, Amazon, Apple, IBM, JP Morgan, Facebook, Shopify + other top tech companies. This could be you.
By enrolling today, you’ll also get to join our exclusive live online community classroom to learn alongside thousands of students, alumni, mentors, TAs and Instructors. Most importantly, you will be learning from an industry expert that has 15+ years of actual real-world experience working with Linux as a DevOps Engineer.
Do you want to learn a new valuable skill, get hired, get a promotion, or simply prepare for the future? Well, then this course is for you!
By taking this DevOps Bootcamp, you are making one of the best investments you can make in your tech career.
This course is taught by me, Andrei, a Senior Network Engineer and Professional Trainer. Why should you learn from me?
- I’m a Practitioner and an Enthusiast. Welcome to the real world! I’ve been using Linux for the last 15 years in real-world projects. I’m not just a random guy that teaches Linux Administration. Just imagine that during this time I’ve learned and applied more and more almost on a daily basis. And now I’m sharing everything with you.
- I’m an Educator and I know how to make a Syllabus. I know exactly what is important and what is not. For the last 10 years, I’ve trained thousands of people on Linux Administration, Security, Networking, and Programming.
- You’ll learn not only some commands and tools but also how to combine them for real-world jobs.
The topics covered in this DevOps & Linux Bootcamp course are:
- Setting Up the Environment (installing both Ubuntu and CentOS)
- The Linux Terminal In-Depth
- The Linux File System
- Absolute vs. Relative Paths. Walking through the File System (pwd, cd, tree)
- The LS Command In-Depth (ls)
- Understanding File Timestamps: atime, mtime, ctime (stat, touch, date)
- Viewing Files (cat, less, more, tail, head, watch)
- Creating Files and Directories (touch, mkdir)
- Copying, Moving, Renaming, and Deleting Files and Directories (cp, mv, rm, shred)
- Working With Pipes in Linux (|, wc)
- Command Redirection (>, >>, 2> &>, cut, tee)
- Finding Files and Directories (locate, find, which)
- Find and Exec
- Searching for String Patterns (grep, strings)
- Comparing Files (cmp, diff, sha256)
- The VIM Editor In-Depth
- Compressing and Archiving Files and Directories (tar, gzip, bzip2)
- Hard and Symbolic Links. The Inode Structure
- User Accounts Management
- Understanding passwd and shadow files
- Understanding Linux Groups (groups, id)
- Creating, Changing, and Removing User Accounts User Accounts (useradd, usermod, userdel)
- Group Management (groupadd, groupdel, groupmod)
- User Account Monitoring (whoami, who am i, who, id, w, uptime, last)
- Linux File Permissions
- Octal (Numeric) Notation of File Permissions
- Changing File Permissions (chmod)
- Changing File Ownership (chown, chgrp)
- Understanding SUID (Set User ID), SGID (Set Group ID), and the Sticky Bit
- Understanding Files Attributes (lsattr, chattr)
- Linux Process Management
- Processes and The Linux Security Model
- Listing Processes (ps, pstree, top, htop)
- Signals and Killing Processes (kill, pkill, killall, pidof)
- Foreground and Background Processes
- Job Control (jobs, fg, bg)
- Networking on Linux
- Getting Information and configuring the Network Interfaces (ip, ifconfig, route)
- Setting Up Static IP on Ubuntu (netplan)
- Testing and Troubleshooting Network Connectivity
- Using, Troubleshooting, and Securing SSH (sshd)
- Copying Files Over the Network (scp)
- Synchronizing Files and Directories using rsync
- Using wget
- Checking for Listening Ports (netstat, ss, lsof, telnet, nmap)
- Software Management
- DPKG (Debian and Ubuntu Based Distros) and APT
- DNF (RedHat Based Distros)
- Compiling Software From Source Code: Lab ProFTPD
- Linux System Administration
- Task Automation and Scheduling Using Cron (crontab) and Anacron
- Mounting and Unmounting File Systems (df, mount, umount, fdisk, gparted)
- Working With Device Files (dd)
- Getting System Hardware Information (lwhw, lscpu, lsusb, lspci, dmidecode, hdparm)
- Service Management (systemd and systemctl)
- Bash Shell Scripting
- Security: Information Gathering and Sniffing Traffic
- Security: Netfilter/Iptables Firewall
- Security: SSH PKI & SSH Hardening
This course is not about making you just code along without understanding the principles so that when you are done with the course you don’t know what to do other than watch another tutorial… No!
This course will push you and challenge you to go from an absolute beginner in Linux and DevOps to someone that is a confident and effective Linux Sysadmin 💪.
Click Start Learning Now to join the Academy and we’ll see you inside the course!