If you’re looking to develop practical, real-world analytics and BI skills, and learn how to create and maintain databases, you’ve come to the right place.
This course is unlike anything you’ve seen before, guaranteed. We’ll start from the ground up, teaching you the tools to get the job done, and most importantly how to you apply your skills to real projects and learn how to truly think like a Database Administrator.
You’ll be playing the role of a Database Administration Consultant for Maven Consulting, a firm that helps businesses create, maintain, and optimize their databases. Throughout the course, you’ll be working directly with the owners of various companies to help them manage data in their new and scaling enterprises. You will use the skills you learn to complete actual projects that database administration professionals work on every day.
- SQL Intro & MySQL SetupFor students who haven’t completed one of our other SQL courses, we’ll demonstrate exactly how to download and install the tools that we’ll need to access MySQL, including MySQL Community Server & MySQL Workbench. We’ll share download guides for both Mac & PC, and run our first piece of SQL code to generate the project database that we’ll analyze throughout the course.
- Creating, Altering, and Deleting Schemas & TablesIn this section we’ll learn how to create schemas and tables using SQL code and with the Workbench UI tools. Then, we will learn how to alter tables by adding and removing columns. Finally, we will walk through dropping schemas and tables (be careful with this one).
- Inserting, Updating, and Deleting RecordsAfter we get up to speed creating and altering tables, we will learn how to populate those tables with records of data, and update and delete records as needed.
- Database DesignNow that we have covered the basic mechanics, we will learn how tables relate to one another optimally, and discuss best practices for database design. We will explore the EER Diagram Editor, and you will have some opportunities to create your own database models.
***MID-COURSE PROJECT: Normalize this database for your client!
- Advanced Concepts
In this section, we will get into concepts like adding an index to a column, imposing constraints, and creating stored procedures and triggers. This is powerful stuff!
- Server & User Management
In our last section before the Final Project, we will learn how to monitor servers to make sure they are running, and how to restart them when needed. You will also get your hands on user management tools to assign roles and manage permissions, just like a real DBA.***FINAL COURSE PROJECT: Design and build an entire database from scratch!
IMPORTANT NOTE: This course does NOT cover data exploration and database analysis. Our goal here is to focus on building, altering, and maintaining SQL/MySQL databases using MySQL and MySQL Workbench (we cover data analysis in-depth in separate courses).
Enroll today and get LIFETIME access to:
- 7 hours of high-quality video
- Downloadable MySQL ebook and cheat sheets
- Quizzes and homework assignments
- Mid-course and Final SQL projects
- 30-day money-back guarantee
If you’re looking for a hands-on, practical guide to mastering database administration skills using SQL/MySQL, this is the course for you!
-John (Lead SQL Instructor & MySQL Expert, Maven Analytics)
Looking for the full business intelligence stack? Search for “Maven Analytics“ to browse our full course library, including Excel, Power BI, MySQL, and Tableau courses!
Who this course is for:
- Analysts or BI professionals looking to improve their understanding of relational database systems
- Excel users looking to shift into a broader business intelligence or database-focused role
- Anyone seeking to learn one of the world’s most popular and powerful database programming languages (SQL)
- Students looking for a hands-on and highly engaging introduction to MySQL for database administration
- Anyone looking to pursue a career as a database administrator
- NOTE: This course does NOT database analysis (we cover data analysis in a separate course)
Download MySQL Database Administration – SQL Database for Beginners Free
Password : freetuts.download