What you’ll learn
Build Gatsby JS apps on your own
Build static page apps with modern technologies
Understand meaning and benefits of JAMStack
Use GraphQL to your advantage
What is Gatsby JS?
GatsbyJS is a React-based, GraphQL powered static site generator. It uses powerful preconfiguration to build a website that uses only static files for incredibly fast page loads, service workers, code splitting, server-side rendering, intelligent image loading, asset optimization, and data prefetching.
Are there any requirements?
Basic React JS knowledge.
What this course cover?
This course is covering all you need to start working on your own Gatsby JS projects. Students of this course will be learning everything by working on real features building their own Blogging application.
Gatsby JS has a rich ecosystem and requires an initial time investment. That’s why I created this guide where you can find everything in one place.
- Basics of Gatsby JS and initialization of the project. Explanation of folder structure and instruction on how to create new pages.
- Templating system, Different types of stylings, and ways how to pass data to the pages.
- Basics of GraphQL, construction of custom queries, resolvers, arguments, and custom types.
- Node architecture and creation of new nodes.
- Plugin system. Explanation of source and transformer plugins. Sourcing data from a local filesystem and rendering markdown files into actual HTML pages.
- Filesystem route API
- Pagination feature. Construction of queries to get pagination data to render static pagination pages.
- Search feature. Explanation on why do you need a search index and what is a search engine?
- SEO search engine optimization improvements. Use of different meta tags and data to get the best search results. Usage of Open graph tags.
- RSS feature. Explanation of really simple syndication and creation of XML file. Subscribing to the blog page through RSS aggregators.
- Deployment to Gatsby cloud. Pushing the code to Github repo. Previewing the application on the internet.
- PWA features. Explanation of progressive web application, offline support, and installation of the app like a native one.
- Context theme provider. How to use context providers and what is the best spot to implement them.
Who this course is for:
- People looking for the practical Gatsby development guide
- Beginner developers eager to start working on web apps
- Experienced developers discovering new development opportunities
Eincode ensures to provide the best online learning experience for its audience.
High quality content and programming concepts explained in real-life projects are fields where Eincode shines!
Eincode is covering mainly courses focusing on programming guides for web and mobile development. If you are looking for complete and comprehensive guides then Eincode is the right choice for you.
Courses are also published by instructor Filip Jerga.
Cheers & Keep Coding!
My name is Filip Jerga and I am an experienced software engineer and freelance developer. I have a Master’s degree in Artificial Intelligence and several years of experience working on a wide range of technologies and projects from C++ development for ultrasound devices to modern mobile and web applications in React and Angular.
Throughout my career, I have acquired advanced technical knowledge and the ability to explain programming topics clearly and in detail to a broad audience. I invite you to take my course, where I have put a lot of effort to explain web and software engineering concepts in a detailed, hands-on and understandable way.