Description Free Download
This course offers hands-on experience building Spring Framework applications using Spring Boot. The first thing that is going to stand out is that we are going to move away from the boring, non-useful demos. In the new course, we are going to build a practical application from start to finish.
While we are creating this application together we will take a look at some of the new features Spring Framework 5 & Spring Boot 2 have to offer. By taking this course you will have the latest skills that you need to build real applications using the Spring Framework.
What is Spring Boot?
Spring Boot makes it easy to create stand-alone, production-grade Spring based Applications that you can “just run”.
Spring Boot takes an opinionated view of the Spring platform and third-party libraries so you can get started with minimum fuss. Most Spring Boot applications need very little Spring configuration.
Build anything with Spring Boot
Spring Boot is the starting point for building all Spring-based applications. Spring Boot is designed to get you up and running as quickly as possible, with minimal upfront configuration of Spring.
- Get started in seconds using Spring Initializr
- Build anything – REST API, WebSocket, Web, Streaming, Tasks, and more
- Simplified Security
- Rich support for SQL and NoSQL
- Embedded runtime support – Tomcat, Jetty, and Undertow
- Developer productivity tools such as live reload and auto restart
- Curated dependencies that just work
- Production-ready features such as tracing, metrics and health status
- Works in your favorite IDE – Spring Tool Suite, IntelliJ IDEA and NetBeans
- Java Developer – You should be familiar with the Java Programming language. You don’t need to be a rockstar (I certainly am not) but you should have an intermediate understanding.
- Web Developer – While you don’t need to know Spring to get started you should have some experience building web applications. If you have experience using another MVC framework that’s even better but it’s not required.
- Heard of Spring – You don’t need prior experience with Spring but if you have at least heard of it and understand what it is that will help you out.
- New Features – You are interested in seeing some of the new features in Spring Framework 5 and Spring Boot 2.