Hacking with watchOS 5 – Build Amazing Apple Watch Apps Free Tutorial Download
- Place your own amazing watch apps into the hands of thousands of people through the Watch App Store
- Become completely proficient with Swift 4.2 and watchOS app development
- You will need a Mac, and Xcode 10 which is a free download from the Mac App Store, and simply a desire to transform your ideas into amazing apps
Note: All finished projects and source code have been update to swift 5.0. So even though some lectures are shown using Swift 4.2, just reference the source code for any update you might need.
This course is produced from the “Hacking with watchOS” series of tutorials, which are written and authored by the award winning Swift programmer, Paul Hudson, and these videos were made with his permission and support. You can always be guaranteed you’re learning the latest and greatest Apple technologies in the Hacking with Swift tutorials. Here you learn smart, powerful, and expressive Swift 5, and watchOS 5, the way it was meant to be written. You learn while you make real-world Apple watch apps, which means you get to apply your new skills immediately and see them work in context. Hacking with Swift is one of the most popular Swift tutorial series online, which uses an approach that teaches you Swift programming incredibly quickly, and you end up with a huge library of finished projects that are yours to develop further, or ship to the App Store. Paul has received high praise from the creator of the Swift language himself, Chris Lattner, for his outstanding method of teaching, and series of Swift tutorials. And working together with iOS developer Steve DeStefano, the Hacking with Swift series of programming training videos are simply the fastest way to learn how to code in the Apple eco-system.
Check out all of Paul Hudson’s Swift tutorials and books at HackingWithSwift – from beginner to pro, Paul will teach you to write Swift code in very little time.
- Want to learn how to build amazing watch apps?
- This course has all the step by step instruction you need to create awesome apps to submit to the App Store.
- Building a watch app uses the same Swift language as iOS apps.
- If you’re completely new to coding, don’t worry, we have you covered, as there is also a language section in the course that starts at the very beginning, and covers the Swift 5 language.
- The term “Hacking with watchOS” means we are “playing” with the Swift language, and using it in unique and interesting ways.
- Watch apps are fun to build, simply add your own unique creativity, and follow along in the lectures, and before you know it, you’ve created a masterpiece…..how cool is it to have your very own creation in the App Store, and on the wrists of thousands of people?
- This course makes use of annotations, callouts, diagrams, highlighting, and deep explanations that help make complex subject matter much easier to grasp, and guides you along the path of the code each step of the way.
- This course also makes the perfect reference tool kit, to be used in conjunction with the Apple docs, so that you can go back and scrub through any of the lectures very quickly to pull out relevant code or instruction that you need, or use all of the downloadable code and create your own ready made set of docs. There’s tons of information here, and no wasted chatter, it’s strictly on point with Swift 5 and watchOS 5.
Some of the topics that will be covered:
- Featuring apps built by the award winning Swift programmer – Paul Hudson – HackingWithSwift
- Build 12 projects – each one teaching a new aspect of watchOS
- We use Swift 5 in all the finished source code, watchOS 5 and Xcode 10
- The Swift 5 language – we go from variables to creating our own functions and more
- Learn by use of annotations – diagrams – highlighting – callouts
- How to use controls – outlets and actions
- Using delegates and protocols
- The ins and outs of GCD
- Dictate notes into your watch and convert voice to text
- Work with paged based interfaces – sliders – pickers
- Create SpriteKit games for the watch
- UserDefaults to persist data
- Parse JSON from a website and load its data into your watch
- Add alerts – menus – notifications to your watch apps
- Learn the various ways to receive user input on a watch
- Record audio
- Learn how to work with Time Travel and Complications
- Create a cool “Safe Crack” app where you use the digital crown to simulate the lock on a safe
- Create a workout app with a twist, using HealthKit
- Use the WatchConnectivuty class to pass data between the iPhone and watch and vise versa
- And a ton more!
- All videos are recorded in HD for maximum resolution and clarity
Swift is the new language of the future, and with this course you will get plenty of instruction on how to implement it in unique ways to create beautiful watch apps.
This course assumes you have no programming experience, so its perfect for the beginner. Its also a nice fit for the intermediate and experienced coder as well because the projects get more detailed as we proceed further.
If you think this might be too difficult for you, think again, and come code along with me in a step by step format….just add a big portion of your own unique creativity, and before you know it, you will have built many amazing watch apps that you can submit to the App Store, and place on the wrists of thousands of people. See you inside the course.
Happy Coding 🙂
- This course is for anyone who has a burning desire to get their own creative ideas translated into Apple Watch apps. We cover the complete Swift 4 language and go from beginner to advanced
- This is the perfect course if your coming from another language like Objective C or any other language, and you’ll see how easy it is to transition to swift 4.