How to Buy Software – IT Procurement Free Tutorial Download
Have you ever been involved in purchasing or sourcing Software licenses? Baffled by the terminology or how to negotiate with Suppliers?
We provide all of the basic information you need to flip those negotiations in your favor, provide in depth tips to obtain effective commercial and contractual terms and even how to deal with a software license audit!
The course is designed to provide guidance on how to buy software effectively, most importantly highlighting the key issues with software compliance. Many Software providers are conducting compliance audits more regularly to seek additional revenue so it’s imperative you understand your entitlement and implications of not having effective controls.
The course contents include:
– Structure of a Software License
– Usage Rights
– Right to Copy & Distribute
– Software License Models
– Commercial Considerations
– Software License Audits
– Specific clauses to look out for
As well as the presentation, there are 2 tools included in the course
1) A Software Request Form tool which will help you consider all of the important aspects, from internal planning through sourcing activity and contract management.
2) A Software Pricing Template to help you outline your requirements across the key components; Software License & Maintenance costs, Implementation Services and Professional Services Rate Cards
We also offer a Question and Answer Forum via our Linked in Page, so if you need any advice along the way we can help you with any of the topics.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone with involvement in buying software or negotiating software contracts.