Description How to Get a Fabric Contract: From Portfolio to Licensing my First Fabric Line Free Download
Join surface pattern designer, Tessie Fay, as she shares her journey of attending Quilt Market and becoming a licensed designer in the fabric industry. Learn the step-by-step process of how she landed her first fabric line- Pink Lemonade with Windham Fabrics. Turn your dreams of becoming a fabric designer into a reality as you learn how to set up appointments with art directors, prepare your portfolio and learn tips and tricks for promoting yourself. Are you dreaming of becoming a fabric designer? Have you been creating your portfolio, but aren’t sure of the next steps to getting your patterns licensed? Then this is the class for you!
In this class we will cover the following topics
- What is Quilt Market? And why should I go?
- How to prepare your portfolio and marketing materials
- How to contact companies and set up appointments with art directors
- Tips and tricks for meeting with art directors
- How to follow up with companies