Learn to apply the important concepts and techniques in data analysis using Excel.
Do any of the following apply to you?
- Do you want to really know your way around Excel?
- You have data for your work or business but you’re not sure what to make of it?
- You might know your way around Excel but you’re not confident about turning data into business insights
- You frequently receive Excel spreadsheets from others but want to better understand how they arrived at their conclusions?
- You want to learn the best practices when it comes to using Excel for data analysis.
- You are intimidated by spreadsheets and terms like Pivot Tables and VLookups
- You want to learn skill set that is useful for any role in any industry you get into later.
Every business generates data. But whether you’re able to turn that into insides depends on your ability to process, manipulate, and ultimately translate that data into useful insights.
Whether you’re working for a company or running your own, being able to make better decisions require you to be able to analyze and interpret data.
What data do you need? How do you prep that data? How do you analyze it to answer specific questions?
In this course, we’re going to show you step by step, exactly how to do that, by starting with the very basics.
Why Microsoft Excel?
Excel is still the most widely used analytical tool used by analysts in all industries across all roles. It’s used by financial analysts, marketing analysts, sales analysts, and of course, data analysts.
Yes, there are many more tools out there but if you learn and master the core concepts and techniques of data analysis in Excel, you’ll be able to apply those learnings to other areas.
But do not underestimate Excel–a single worksheet can technically hold more than 17 BILLION data points (but it will make your computer REALLY slow). And for most of us running analysis most of the time, we’ll need to process far fewer data points than this.
This course is as much about Excel, if not more, than data analysis concepts and techniques.
Why learn from us?
By signing up with us, you will be learning from two instructors with a combined 35 years of relevant experience across a wide range of analyst roles.
Travis has been a digital marketer, investor, and entrepreneur for 20 years, having also led growth in Asia for Groupon and previously even helping to build Excel as an engineer at Microsoft. He is a data analysis and data visualization expert and will be pull from his industry experience to teach some advanced data analysis topics to students in this course.
Symon has been interpreting and analyzing data for 15 years. He has served as financial analyst, marketing analyst, and even head of marketing analytics across half a dozen industries. If you look at his other courses on Udemy, you’ll see that he is an Excel and analysis ninja, having taught over 50,000 students with over 2400 reviews.
Together, we pull directly from our experience and put it in this course–in fact, all of the case studies are inspired by real world projects we had personal experience with.
What if I don’t have any data analysis or Excel background?
No worries! This is why we start with the very basics in our foundational sections, which is meant to get you familiar with Excel first. You can be a complete newbie and take this course. It will sometimes feel like you’re drinking out of a firehose, but you will become proficient by following our course and doing the exercises.
We then progressively increase the difficulty as you move along in the course, culminating in advanced techniques taught through our case studies.
If you do have an Excel background, you can skip or skim through the foundational sections and move directly into the more advanced topics.
Learn through practice.
Like most things in life, becoming proficient at data analysis in Excel takes practice. A lot of practice.
Sure you’ll pick up plenty from just watching, but you’ll be doing yourself a disservice if you don’t download our MORE THAN 100 custom built EXCEL practice files specifically made to help you learn.
We’ re still not done adding all our content yet. This course is initially an “intro” course but it will soon become a complete coverage of all things data analysis in Excel.
Tell me again why I should take your course?
You have absolutely ZERO risk.
Udemy gives you a solid as an oak tree 30-day money back guarantee.
So if you’ve read this far, we welcome you to join us inside!
- Anyone who wants to learn the core concepts of data analysis in the Excel environment
- Anyone who wants to learn to apply data analysis techniques using Excel
- Anyone who wants to become proficient at using Excel for data/business analysis
- Anyone who wants to be able to turn data into business insights in Excel
- Anyone who wants to be able to run simple to sophisticated analysis on data using Excel
- Anyone who wants to learn the most frequently used Excel functions and techniques used by analysts
- 11.5 hours on-demand video
- 3 Articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
- [Size: 1.8 GB]