Kubernetes for developers (Updated 7-2019) Free Tutorial Download
What you’ll learn
You will be able to deploy, manage and scale your apps in Kubernetes.
You will be able to deploy your apps on Azure AKS.
You will be able to create and deploy Deployment, Service, ConfigMap, Secret
You will be able to deploy and connect a web app (ASP NET Core) with a database (SQL Server).
- Familiarity with ASP NET Core
- Familiarity with SQL Server database
This goal of this course is to get you started with Kubernetes. Through a practical workshop, you’ll learn how to dockerize an app, deploy it to Kubernetes cluster and apply DevOps into it.
- Create ASP.NET Core MVC app
- Add Model and Controller for Products
- Demo of the MVC app.cmproj
- Demo of the MVC app
- Explaining Dockerfile
- Build Docker Container for MVC app
- Push Docker container to Docker Hub
- Overview on setting up Kubernetes
- Deploy Docker container into Kubernetes using Dashboard
- Deploy Docker container using YAML and kubectl
- Create and deploy a Service
- Create and deploy MSSQL
- Connect web app to DB in Kubernetes using ENV
- Create PersistentVolume
- Create AKS cluster
- Connect to AKS Dashboard and kubectl
- StorageClass to create an Azure Disk
- Using LoadBalancer instead of NodePort
- Deploy PVC to Azure AKS
- Deploy Secret to Azure AKS
- Deploy Sql Server container to Azure AKS
- Deploy the mvc app to Azure AKS
- Running the app on AKS
- Publish project to Github
- Create the CI pipeline using Azure DevOps
- Create the CD pipeline
- Edit the pipeline to use the newest container
- Run the CI-CD pipeline
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for developers who want to get started with Kubernetes with focus on how to deploy, manage and scale monolith or microservices apps. It is worth mentioning that this course is not for IT specialists.