Design and prototype cross-platform virtual reality experiences
*** INTRODUCTION ***
Welcome to my A-Frame course, where you will be learning how to create and test your first WebVR scenes on any device within a couple of hours!
Whatever area of design or development you work in, you have probably started getting your head around Virtual Reality for the Web (WebVR), and if you haven’t already, soon you’ll have to.
First developed in 2014 at Mozilla, today the WebVR standard is incredibly well supported on phones and desktop computers for all major headsets, thanks to the proliferation of VR web browsers.
This means that the Web’s ability to handle VR content now allows you to easily build a website that can deliver immersive WebVR scenes to all major VR platforms at once, desktop and mobile.
It’s clearly time for all creatives to get on board!
*** CONTENT ***
By enrolling in this A-Frame course, you will learn how to use the Mozilla web framework for building awesome cross-platform Virtual Reality experiences.
The course is structured to cover all the knowledge that you need to get started with A-Frame and be able to:
- Understand the basic syntax
- Transform the objects in your scene
- Modify the virtual environment
- Load and display 3D models
- Use standard and semantic animation
- Interact with the objects
- Use locomotion and teleportation
- Modify the controls
- Load and play audio and video
- Compose and register components
- Test WebVR scenes on any device
For each lecture, you will be provided with the full source code that you can freely use as a template for your own projects.
Finally, the course also includes some extra valuable resources to provide you with:
- Web links to resources used in the lectures
- Web links to FREE 3D models and 3D modeling software
- Web links to VR-related websites
*** ADD-ONS ***
This A-Frame course will be constantly updated with new content, projects, and resources, so you can think of it as a subscription to a never-ending supply of A-Frame training!
- 6.5 hours on-demand video
- 16 Articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
- [Size: 1.4 GB]