Learn Python GUI programming using Qt framework Free Download
- Visually add and arrange many widgets using QT Designer
- Decouple the Python code from the generated QT UI code
- Use CSS styling to greatly enhance the GUI look-and-feel
- Connect the GUI to a SQL database
- Keep the GUI responsive via multiple threads
- Learn how to use many widgets in the PyQT5 toolbox
- Develop GUIs in a modular style
- Python programmers who wish to enhance their Python skills
Python and one of its QT bindings, PyQT, has changed the face of GUI development. It allows us to build beautiful and powerful GUIs that grab the attention of Python programmers. QT5 has several advantages over other GUI frameworks such as tkinter and wxPython.
In this video, we will successfully install PyQt5 and the toolset that contains the QT Designer tool. The QT Designer enables us to develop our GUI in a visual manner, using drag and drop to add and position widgets, and we will use it extensively. We will then learn how to convert QT Designer-generated code into pure Python code.
After having successfully installed PyQt5, the QT Designer, and all other required QT tools, we will start out simple, building a Python GUI using only a few lines of PyQT5 code. Then, we will build a more complex GUI using QT Designer. Along the way, we will explore many QT widgets and learn how to efficiently lay out our GUI design. We will enhance the look-and-feel of the GUI using CSS styling. We will also connect our GUI to a SQL database, which we will create. We decouple the business logic code from the UI code, using best practices. At the end of this video tutorial, viewers will be able to develop complex GUIs using PyQt5.
About the Author :
Burkhard Meier is a professional software test automation designer, developer, and analyst. He has more than 17 years’ professional experience working for several software companies in California, USA.
He is the author of Python GUI Programming Cookbook, First and Second Edition. This book is also available as a Packt video course.
He is also the author of the Python Projects Packt video course.
In his professional career, he developed advanced in-house testing frameworks written in Python 3. He also developed advanced test automation GUIs in Python, which highly increased the productivity of the software development testing team.
When not dreaming in Python code, he reads programming books about design, likes to go for long walks, and reads classical poetry.
- This video is for intermediate Python programmers who wish to enhance their Python skills by writing powerful GUIs in Python using PyQt.