Learning Path – Django – Modern Web Development with Django Free Tutorial Download
What you’ll learn
Build practical real-world web applications with Django
Optimize your code and use the cache framework
Add social features to your projects
See how to set up a sane, modern Django development environment
Get sufficient knowledge on Django to start developing real-world projects
Find out how to develop a web API using the Django REST framework
Know how to find your way through the broader Django ecosystem
Develop RESTful APIs from scratch with Python with and without data sources
Working knowledge on Python is a must. Basic knowledge on RESTful APIs would be useful.
Python is the language of choice for millions of developers worldwide, due to its effective learning curve and its vast applications in day-to-day programming. Django is a powerful Python web framework designed to develop web applications quickly, from simple prototypes to large-scale projects. It encourages clean, pragmatic design, and provides developers with a comprehensive set of tools to build scalable web applications. Django’s primary goal is to ease the creation of complex, database-driven websites. If you’re interested to build maintainable, scalable, secure web services and applications using the best tools and techniques of Django, then go for this Learning Path.
Packt’s Video Learning Paths are a series of individual video products put together in a logical and stepwise manner such that each video builds on the skills learned in the video before it.
The highlights of this Learning Path are:
- Develop powerful web applications quickly using the best coding practices
- Integrate other technologies such as Redis, Celery, Solr, and Memcached into your application with clear, step-by-step explanations and comprehensive example code
- Add authentication and permissions to a RESTful API built in the Django framework
Let’s take a quick look at your learning journey. This Learning Path begins by showing you how to build a blog application, before moving on to developing a social image bookmarking website, an online shop, and an e-learning platform. You’ll learn how to build a search engine and implement a user activity stream. You’ll then create a recommendation engine, an e-commerce coupon system, and a content management system. This Learning Path will also teach you how to enhance your applications with AJAX, create RESTful APIs, and set up a production environment for your Django projects. You’ll learn how to develop RESTful APIs using the Django framework combined with related libraries and tools. You’ll delve into the Django framework to build various web services. You’ll learn everything you need to successfully develop RESTful API’s with the Django framework such as request handling, URL mapping, serialization, validation, authentication, authorization, and databases. Finally, you’ll build a simple e-learning platform, including content management, student registration, and a restful API. By the end of this Learning Path, you’ll have an acquired practical knowledge, of how Django works and how to integrate it with other technologies to build powerful web services, applications and RESTful web services.
Meet Your Expert:
We have combined the best works of the following esteemed authors to ensure that your learning journey is smooth:
- Antonio Mele holds an MSc in Computer Science. He has been developing Django projects since 2006 and leads the django. es Spanish Django community. He has founded Zenx IT, a technology company that creates web applications for clients of several industries. Antonio has also worked as a CTO for several technology-based start-ups. His father inspired his passion for computers and programming.
- René Fleschenberg is a web developer/sysadmin hybrid with a focus on back-end development in Python and Django. He has been working with Django for about 5 years and has built a variety of Django-based websites. He co-maintains an open source Django-based e-commerce solution.
- Gastón C. Hillar is Italian and has been working with computers since he was eight. He began programming with the legendary Texas TI-99/4A and Commodore 64 home computers in the early 80s. He has a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (he graduated with honors) and an MBA (he graduated with an outstanding thesis). At present, Gastón is an independent IT consultant and freelance author who is always looking for new adventures around the world. He has been a senior contributing editor at Dr. Dobb’s and has written more than a hundred articles on software development topics. Gastón was also a former Microsoft MVP in technical computing. He has received the prestigious Intel® Black Belt Software Developer award eight times.
Who this course is for:
- If you are a web developer who is completely new to or familiar with Django and wants to make the most of it, this Learning Path is for you.
- This Learning Path is for web developers who have a working knowledge of Python and would like to build amazing web services by taking advantage of Python with Django framework.