Using IBM Kitura Learning Server-Side Swift – Learning Server Side Switcher with IBM Kitura Framework
IBM is another web framework that allows iOS developers to take their existing swift skills to the cloud. In this course, learn how to get started with a server-side Swift, often considered to be the new frontier for the Swift language using IBM Kitura. Instructor Mohammad Azam starts by showing how to set up another project from scratch. Next, he takes a look at how you can return JSON responses to users using this framework, including how to convert model classes into a JSON format. After that, he highlights various ways that Kitur can help you read user data, and demonstrates how to integrate Kitura with a PostgreSQL database. Finally, he explains how to integrate a Other Web API with an iOS app.
– Reviewing the concepts behind server-side Swift programming
– Different server-side Swift frameworks
– Setting up a Kitura project
– Adding HeliumLogger for debugging
– Accessing JSON passed parameters using Kitura.
– Reading URL parameters and URL encoded form parameters
– Configuring the PostgreSQL database
– Fetching, inserting, and deleting records from the database
– Integrating another API with an iPhone app
Language of instruction: English
Moderator: Mohammad Azam
Level of training :, Secondary
Training time: 1 hour + 51 minutes
File size: 1010 MB