Model Testing in Fashion Photography Free Download
Model Testing is an opportunity for a photographer and model to build their portfolios together. It is foundational to nearly every career in beauty and fashion photography. Working with professional models and modeling agencies can be an intimidating step for many photographers, but by understanding their needs as a business, photographers can gain confidence knowing when to ask and how to contact modeling agencies for model testing.
Elizabeth Wiseman is a fashion and commercial photographer with studios based in St. Louis, MO and Knoxville, TN. Before her photography career, Elizabeth actually worked in a modeling agency. Her experience on both the agency and photography sides of model testing gives her an expert perspective on how to contact and collaborate with modeling agencies to produce effective, marketable images for the agency and your portfolio alike.
IN THIS MODEL TESTING TUTORIAL, ELIZABETH COVERS:
- How Modeling Agencies Work
- How to Contact Modeling Agencies and Ask to Work with Models
- How to Build A Fashion Photography Portfolio
- How to Contact A Modeling Agency If You’ve Never Worked with Models
- Understanding Editorial vs. Commercial Models
- How to Style Models or Direct a Wardrobe Stylist for Model Testing
- How to Direct Hair and Makeup Stylists for Model Testing
- How to Pose Editorial vs. Commercial Models for Model Testing
- How to Light Editorial vs. Commercial Models for Model Testing
- Retouching for Model Testing
- Identifying Your Market & Market Size for Fashion Photography
- How to Start A Photography Business and Make Money Model Testing
- And Much More!
Included are two full-length photo shoots to watch Elizabeth execute a commercial and editorial model test in real time. Also included are Elizabeth’s Comprehensive Posing Guide, Email Template for Contacting Modeling Agencies, and Model Packing List for Model Testing.