Download Tutorial Music Theory Comprehensive Complete! (Levels 1, 2, & 3)
** UDEMY BEST SELLER **
Welcome to the COMPLETE Music Theory Guide!
This is a class designed for the average person who is ready to take music theory (or music interest) and turn it into a usable skill. Whether you are an active musician or an aspiring musician, this class is perfect for you.
For years I’ve been teaching Music Theory in the college classroom. These classes I’m making for Udemy use the same syllabus I’ve used in my college classes for years, at a fraction of the cost. I believe anyone can learn Music Theory – and cost shouldn’t be a barrier.
My approach to music theory is to minimize the memorization. Most of these concepts you can learn by just understanding why chords behave in certain ways. Once you understand those concepts, you can find any scale, key, or chord that exists. Even invent your own. If you’ve tried to learn music theory before, or if you are just starting out – this series of courses is the perfect fit.
Dr. Allen is a professional musician, top-rated Udemy instructor, and university professor. In 2017 the Star Tribune featured him as a “Mover and a Shaker,” and he is recognized by the Grammy Foundation for his music education classes.
This class is a Comprehensive class – it will have many parts, going through my entire annual curriculum.
This Edition of the class is the “Complete” Edition: It contains levels 1, 2, & 3 in their entirety.
Included in this course:
- 151 Video lectures, following my college Music Theory Curriculum.
- 28 Downloadable worksheets for practice (with answers!)
- Access through discounts to my entire network for music classes
- Membership to the class theory-learner community
Because this is three class combined into one, going through every topic we cover in this class would make for a very, very long list. Here is just a hint of all the topics we cover:
- My approach to Music Theory
- Tools you will need to learn Music Theory quickly and efficiently
- Music software: Notation programs
- The elements of the Score
- Pitch Names
- Pitch Classes
- The White Keys
- The Black Keys (not the band!)
- Half-Steps and Whole-Steps
- Naming Octaves
- Identifying Notes on the Staff
- Identifying Notes on the Keyboard
- Beat and Beat Divisions
- Downbeats and Upbeats
- Dotted Rhythms
- Time Signatures
- Form in Music Notation
- Chromatic and Diatonic scales
- Ordered Pitch Class Collections
- The pattern of a Major Scale
- Scale Degrees
- Writing melodies with major scales
- Analyzing melodies
- What it means to be “in key”
- Key signatures
- How to identify key signatures
- Popular song analysis
- Building triads (chords)
- Diatonic chord progressions
- Roman numeral analysis
- Finding chords by formula
- The thirds inside of a chord
- Finding fifths by finding thirds
- Diminished triads
- Augmented triads
- Chords on the guitar
- Full Analysis: Canon in D (Pachabel)
- Full Analysis: Minuet in G (Bach)
- 7th Chords
- Major 7th Chords
- Minor 7th Chords
- Dominant 7th Chords
- Tendency Chords
- Using the Circle of Fifths for Songwriting and Composition
- Borrowing from Closely Related Keys
- Scale Degree Names
- Tendency Tones
- Compound Meters
- Compound Meter Signatures
- Reading and Writing Compound Meters
- Triplets, dubplets, and Quadruplets
- Finding Minor keys by alternations to Major
- Patterns in Minor keys
- Relative Minor keys
- Parallel Minor keys
- Minor keys in the Circle of Fifths
- Using Minor Keys for Songwriting and Composition
- Diatonic Chord Progressions in Minor
- The V Chord and Minor and the Leading Tone Problem
- Harmonic Minor Scales
- Melodic Minor Scales
- …and much, much more!
And of course, once you sign up for this class, you automatically get huge discounts to all the upcoming parts of this class.
You will not have another opportunity to learn Music Theory in a more comprehensive way than this.
All the tools you need to successfully learn Music Theory are included in this course and the entire course is based on real-life experiences – not just academic theory.
Please click the “Take This Course” button so you can launch your music career today.
** I guarantee that this course is the most thorough music theory course available ANYWHERE on the market – or your money back (30 day money back guarantee) **
Closed captions have been added to all lessons in this course.
Captions are also included in Spanish, Portuguese, and Chinese.
Praise for Courses by Jason Allen:
⇢ “It seems like every little detail is being covered in an extremely simple fashion. The learning process becomes relaxed and allows the complex concepts to get obsorbed easily. My only regret is not taking this course earlier.” – M. Shah
⇢ “Great for everyone without any knowledge so far. I bought all three parts… It’s the best investment in leveling up my skills so far..” – Z. Palce
⇢ “Excellent explanations! No more or less than what is needed.” – A. Tóth
⇢ “VERY COOL. I’ve waiting for years to see a good video course, now I don’t have to wait anymore. Thank You!” – Jeffrey Koury
⇢ “I am learning LOTS! And I really like having the worksheets!” – A. Deichsel
⇢ “The basics explained very clearly – loads of really useful tips!” – J. Pook
⇢ “Jason is really quick and great with questions, always a great resource for an online class!” M. Smith
Students who register for this course will receive ongoing exclusive content and discounts to all future classes in the series.
- Anyone in any country, and any age, who is ready to start learning music in a fun, casual, and informative way.
- This course is designed for students who have either never tried to learn music theory before, or tried and couldn’t come grasp the concepts.
- This is a course for students who want to understand everything about music theory, for the ground up.