Product Photography with Natural Light Free Download
- At the end of this course, you should be very comfortable in all kinds of natural light situations.
- Your fashion and beauty work will see significant improvement.
- If you have experience in shooting, you will be able to add some additional tools to your arsenal of light.
- Camera that allows the changing of aperture/shutter speed.
- Two stands.
- Two large pieces of white fome core (3×4 or 4×4) – optional 5-In-One Reflector
- Several small sheets of white boards (fome core)
- A Five-In-One Reflector with Gold, Silver and Diffuser as well as white.
- A shower curtain liner (white cloth) from Target, Kohls, Walmart etc…
- 6 V-Clamps.
There is something inherently beautiful about natural light. It can be soft and warm, or hard and unforgiving, or even have a sort of melancholy to it. These are the areas we will be looking at in this course.
Fashion and Beauty photography make use of natural light in many ways. A recent viewing of Vogue (October, 2012) reveals many natural light photography shots by up and coming and well established photographers. The techniques are not hard to understand, but still require the finesse and deliberate approach that is required when using artificial lighting.
We will look at natural light from all angles; full sun, modified sun, shade and moody, emotional light.
We will build some inexpensive modifiers for natural light, and also show how to correctly use white reflectors, silver and gold reflectors, scrims, mirrors, and more. These tools are not expensive, but the results they give can be astounding.
The natural light fashion/beauty photography course is divided into 12 lectures, each running approximately 30 minutes. There is a workbook, plans for building a scrim and large reflector, and lots of videos.
Most lectures include a shoot with the gear we are using, a Photoshop tutorial, the PSD file for viewing and a look at how the final images were selected. Looking at the images as they are shot, and then edited, is very powerful as a learning tool.
If you are interested in portraiture, fashion, beauty or glamour, this natural light photography course will open your eyes to the very cool ways you can use natural light to make your images.
The beauty photography course is suited to any level of photographer. I recommend a light meter, although we will also show you ways to use your camera meter as we go. A couple of stands would also be a good addition to your natural light arsenal.
This class also has over two hours of bonus content, with new content being added in May 2013 and June 2013.
- You should be experienced in using your camera.
- You understand f-stops and shutter speed as it relates to exposure.