Python Development in Visual Studio Code (Setup Guide) Free Tutorial Download
In this article, you’ll learn about Python development in Visual Studio Code, including how to:
- Install Visual Studio Code
- Discover and install extensions that make Python development easy
- Write a simple Python application
- Learn how to run and debug existing Python programs in VS Code
- Connect Visual Studio Code to Git and GitHub to share your code with the world
We assume you are familiar with Python development and already have some form of Python installed on your system (Python 2.7, Python 3.6/3.7, Anaconda, or others). Screenshots and demos for Ubuntu and Windows are provided. Because Visual Studio Code runs on all major platforms, you may see slightly different UI elements and may need to modify certain commands.