What you’ll learn
Automate Excel repetitive tasks with Python
Work with large Excel documents
Save time by automating Excel tasks
Learn some practical programming knowledge
Be comfortable with Excel and its main functions
Welcome! This course is here to help you automate Excel tasks to gain significant time.
Programming is certainly a word you may have heard when working in Excel. It is often associated with VBA. Python is however an open source programming language that offers way more flexibility and simpler to get started with. Rest assured, I’ve been working with Python for a few years now and I wanted to offer you the quickest past to automate tasks in your Excel files. No need to know anything about programming, I’ll show you how to get started from scratch.
This course does not aim to teach you everything about Python but rather to guide you on your quickest path to success.
Concretely, here’s what we’ll learn:
- How to install Python
- The basics of programming
- What libraries to use
- How to read and write to Excel
- How to perform Excel functions in Pythons: VLOOKUP, SUMIF, filters, remove duplicates, etc.
- How to use Pandas, OpenPyXl
- Some programmer tips and tricks to go beyond and automate further
This course is full of opportunities to apply your knowledge:
- There are many hands-on lectures in every section
- There are quizzes scattered in most sections
- Some practical examples that you can reuse for your own projects
- And a proper environment to program and go beyond just Python for Excel
Who this course is for:
- Business Analysts in Finance
- Data Analysts in Geology
- Analysts with a strong need to automate Excel repetitive tasks
- Analysts dealing with Excel file too large to handle
Why programming and why Python
Nicolas Narbais is Technical Account Manager, and passionate software developer. He has a large interest in teaching technical topics that he applies into his previous and current role in pre and post sales engineer.
The main part of his role is to engage the audience while sharing relevant information to the person’s interest and technical knowledge. It also consists in providing technical guidance to ensure a clear path forward based on the current state of knowledge.