Revealed – Data Consolidations with Microsoft Power BI Tools Free Tutorial Download
This course will teach you how to systematically transform and consolidate financial data using Microsoft Excel, Power Query, and Power Pivot. I will show you how to turn your organization’s existing Trial Balance into a meaningful query that can easily be replicated each time you regenerate your data. We will construct relationships in the data model, allowing us to turn the initial Trial Balance into a Global Income Statement by connecting data across multiple entities.
My guarantee to you:
After taking this course you’ll learn a new way to use Power BI products to manage financial consolidations.
Does your financial close process suffer from any of these common ailments?
- Unstructured – No commonality in account structure? No corporate hierarchies for dimensions such as accounts, entities, departments and products?
- Complex – Use of multiple spreadsheets for consolidation? Poor controls, no process standardization and limited communication between users?
- Inflexible – Lack of multidimensional financial reporting that can quickly adapt to changing business needs?
Use the power of Excel 2016, Power Query, Power Pivot and the Data Model to solve these problems.
- Create structure – define a common chart of accounts and reporting dimensions shared by all locations, departments and reports
- Reduce complexity – dramatically improve controls by having ‘one version of the truth’ accessible to multiple users; eliminate need for multiple spreadsheets while communicating close status to all users throughout the process
- Introduce flexibility – create updatable multidimensional hierarchy structures that quickly meet accounting and Finance reporting requirements
Become the financial systems superstar at your current company or go somewhere else and be their superstar.
Who this course is for:
- Finance and Accounting professionals who perform data transformations and consolidations
- All financial analysts who need a better way to handle large amounts of data
- Those who want to improve or eliminate their manual, error-prone spreadsheet data transformations and replace with a simpler, more reliable system
- Those who want to improve their data analytics and Power Query talents