Simple and Fast Texture in Adobe Illustrator- Add Texture with One-Click with Custom Art Brushe Free Download
About This Class
Any good illustrator knows texture can take an illustration from good to great. But adding texture to vector artwork doesn’t have to be complicated. And most importantly, texture doesn’t equal Photoshop.
In this class, I’ll walk you through a simple and unique way to add texture using only Illustrator. You’ll learn all the basics to make your own set of custom texture edge art brushes using only Adobe Illustrator. These brushes are basically stroke presets that allow you to add texture to any line using ONE click! Think of the time you’ll save with this efficient workflow.
This technique of adding texture is simple, very effective and creates an awesome textured look that will add a lot of character to your vector work. I’m very excited to share this technique with you since I haven’t found any tutorials on this method anywhere else!
On top of learning this awesome, fool-proof method of adding texture to your work, you will also see my complete illustration workflow to go from flat vector shapes to something a little more polished and sophisticated. And I’ve thrown in a couple of bonus gifts and tips along the way to help you further personalize your work.
By taking this class, you’ll learn to:
- how to make custom texture brushes simply (no analog material needed!)
- how to properly save your brushes in a unified brush library
- how to share and/or sell your brushes
- how to apply brushes to vector illustrations
- how to apply finishing touches using custom scatter brushes I created for you (free and available in the class project section)
You’ll also learn some basic Illustrator tips and tricks like how to:
- use staple Illustrator tools like the shape builder tool in an efficient way
- use clipping masks without going mad
- apply and optimize texture for your style
- round corners like a boss
- work with anchor points and fix awkward paths using the delete anchor point tool
- expand objects and paths correctly
- scale objects using the transform panel
- And tons of other really practical stuff like keyboard shortcuts, faster ways of doing things, etc…
Plus as a BONUS for this class, I’ve included a custom stipple scatter brush set that will help you add even more texture to your work!
Go from boring vector artwork to awesome textured illustrations without torturing yourself with overly complicated texture workflow!