Skillshare – Hand Lettering in Procreate – Fundamentals to Finishing Touches Free Tutorial Download
If you’re new to digital hand lettering and you’re not quite sure where to begin, then this class is for you!
Hand lettering is a versatile skill to add to your creative arsenal. If you’re a graphic designer, it can add a unique, personal touch to your layouts; if you’re a crafter, it can be a great addition to handmade projects or if you’re an artist who typically works with traditional mediums, this is a great way to dip your toes into the digital world without completely losing the freedom of drawing by hand.
Although this class is perfect for beginners, even letterers with a bit more experience can learn a few new tricks and techniques. In this class you’ll learn:
- The Fundamentals: Basic lettering terms to help you understand the language of lettering, and the basic features of Procreate so you can start feeling comfortable with the app.
- Sketching: How to draw letterforms, starting from basic shapes and building from there.
- Inking: How to achieve clean lines & curves, which brushes to use, and how to effectively use layers.
- Styles: How to build a style library and how to choose the best styles for your piece.
- Finishing Touches: How to enhance your lettering by adding details like texture, drop shadows, ligatures, and flourishes.
By the end of this class, you’ll be able to create a polished piece of hand lettering and have the tools you need to continue your lettering journey with confidence.
I look forward to seeing you in class!
. . . . .
As you build your lettering skills, you may find my other Skillshare classes helpful as well:
How To Create A Perfect Color Palette For Digital Art
Learn the technique I use to create cohesive color palettes
Fun With Florals: Create Flowers with Dimension & Personality in Procreate
An easy step-by-step guide for drawing fun, imaginative florals
Level Up Your Layouts: How to Effectively Letter Long Quotes
Once you’ve learned the basics of lettering, this class will help you improve your lettering compositions
You’ll also find many other wonderful lettering and illustration classes in Skillshare’s Illustration category. For now, let’s learn a little Hand Lettering in Procreate.
Let’s get started!