About This Class
Decorate your walls with your own art!
You want to turn your watercolours into stunning designs for your home? Then this class is for you!
You will learn the workflow needed to end up with a ready to print file containing your design made to the correct requirements for your room.
We’ll be using a Scanner and Photoshop, you need to know the basics of Photoshop but don’t worry too much, I’ll be showing nice tricks and handy tools to get the work done.
You do not need to rely on great drawing skills to take this class, the emphasis will be to think about your composition, your colours and the feel you want to achieve.
- Designing your piece with some inspiration from great wallcoverings out there
- Preparing the palette (after all these colors will end up on your wall ;))
- Painting the individual pieces that will make up the final design
- Scanning your work to the correct resolution
- Building your piece in Photoshop
- Showcase your design in a fab mockup (free giveaway with the course)
- Requesting samples to check your work (paper finish and colours)
Skills you will gain:
- Create interesting textures with your watercolours
- Scanning your artwork
- Transform your scanned artwork in Photoshop
- Understanding of color profiles, resolution, file size
- Use of mock-up files
What you learn here will serve you for all your digitizing needs from placing your designs on home goods or wall art!
Software required: Photoshop
Hardware required: A scanner