Software Quality for Managers Free Tutorial Download
What you’ll learn
Manage technical debt
How to reduce errors in production
How to reduce developer turnover
Prerequisites will be explained in 4 videos
Are your systems build for change?
Are you measuring technical debt?
Are you suffering from low developer productivity?
If you can not answer these questions, this course is made for you! Within one hour you will understand the most important software quality concepts.
Can you explain this without showing code?
Yes. The software quality concepts are technology independent and are explained by making use of analogies. This course will provide you with the essential knowledge to measure and thus improve software quality.
So, after following this course I’ll become a senior software developer?
No, not quite. If you were a senior developer you should probably already know these concepts.
Why should I enroll?
Only enroll when you are new to software quality and want a complete beginners’ perspective. This course is specifically developed for:
– Product owners / project managers that build / maintain software systems, but have no clue how software engineers could write high quality code;
– Recruiters hiring software engineers;
– Software engineers that want to refresh their knowledge about software quality;
– Anyone interested in the basics of software quality, explained in layman’s terms.
My time is limited, what’s in it for me?
I thought you would never ask! This course is the first course on:
– Existing documentation on software quality is technical and therefore difficult to comprehend (I’ll include some examples of technical documents as a resources that you may download).
– Unlike most other courses, wait…there are no other courses on software quality!!
– I’ve included lots of (technical) documents that explain software quality in more detail. Please note that these documents contain code and are therefore more suited for people that are writing software.
– I’ve included lots of links to websites that provide comprehensive background information.
– That’s not it, there is more…
– Additional reading for managers;
– Additional reading for developers (books that provide your developer with a deep-dive). They will thank you for recommending these books;
– Overview of software quality tools.
Why include bonus material, is the main course not exciting enough?
Again, excellent question! Getting software right goes well beyond what I can teach in one hour. With the bonus material, I would like to inform you about the complementary knowledge and measures that should be taken into account.
I’m fully convinced of the benefits, but I don’t see why I should learn all this from you.
True, let me explain by giving you an overview of my experience:
– Parttime PhD Candidate (7 years – present). I read the science, you’ll get the knowledge! What more do you want?
– Security officer (present)
– Software quality consultant (6,5 years). I’ve advised many managers of large / small IT projects on various software related aspects;
– IT auditor (1 year). I have closely worked with accountants and audited large governmental IT projects;
– Quality assurance engineer (3 years). I have implemented large IT systems for large companies.
You can find more details on LinkedIn on or my profile.
Go ahead and click the enroll button, and I’ll see you in lesson 1!
Who this course is for:
- Product owner
- Project managers
- Software developers