Supply Chain Foundations Free Download
What is supply chain management (SCM)? It’s the system that connects and integrates the links of sourcing, procurement, conversion, and logistics management. In this course, professor Eddie Davila provides a detailed overview of all of the links in the typical supply chain. He explains what is involved in purchasing inventory and setting up supplier relationships, what you need to consider when deciding how to manufacture and design your product, and, lastly, how to address the logistics of distribution and delivery. Plus, get a glimpse into the world of the supply chain manager by discussing some of the hottest issues in SCM today: how to go global, the role of ethics and sustainability, and how SCM can help with disaster relief.
- Identify parts of a supply chain.
- List the keys to successful global supply chain management.
- Describe the concept of inventory in supply chain.
- Explain how to choose a supplier.
- Work with SCMs in different industries.
- Describe how to transport and distribute your product.
- Integrate and coordinate the entire supply chain.
- Create ethical and sustainable supply chains