Terraform is an open source “Infrastructure as Code” tool, used by DevOps and SysOps engineers to codify their cloud infrastructure requirements.
In this course you’ll learn about Terraform from the ground up, and how it can be used to codify infrastructure. Terraform can be used to provision infrastructure across multiple cloud providers including AWS which this course will focus on.
- Learn about Terraform and how to use it to provision AWS infrastructure
- Learn how to build and create Terraform configurations and modules
- Learn how to use the Terraform CLI to launch and manage infrastructure on AWS
- Intended Audience
- Anyone interested in learning about Terraform, and the benefits of using it to codify infrastructure
- Anyone interested in building and launching AWS infrastructure using Terraform
- Anyone interested in deploying cloud native applications on AWS
- Prerequisites which would be considered useful for this course are:
- Knowledge of the AWS cloud platform and the various services within it – particularly VPC, EC2, and IAM
- Basic System administration experience
- Basic Infrastructure and Networking Knowledge
- Basic SysOps and/or DevOps Knowledge
All Terraform configuration as used within the provided demonstrations is located in GitHub here: