What you’ll learn
In this course, you’re going to learn how to develop using the 8base platform! 8base is a Backend-as-a-Service platform built on a serverless architecture. When using 8base, your application backend will be running on an 3-tier serverless architecture, all hosted on AWS. And the good news is that all of it is fully managed. Meaning you don’t need to worry about DevOps!
To complete this course, it’s important that you’re familiar with the following concepts:
- Basic working knowledge of the Terminal (CLI)
- Basic familiarity with Data Types and Data Models
- An understanding of how APIs work, specifically Data APIs
To complete this course, it’s important that you have the following programs installed on your computer:
- An API Client (GraphiQL, Postman, etc.)
- An IDE (VSCode, Atom, etc.)
What we’re going to learn is:
- 8base Fundamentals
- What are 8base Workspaces?
- How to use the Data Builder
- How to use the Data Viewer
- How to use the GraphQL API
- How to use Roles and Permissions
- 8base Authentication
- How Authentication works in 8base
- idTokens vs. API Tokens
- Creating Authentication Profiles
- Connecting your own Auth Provider
- 8base Serverless Functions
- Installing and running the 8base CLI
- Working with Resolver Functions
- Working with Trigger Functions
- Working with Webhook Functions
- Working with Task Functions
- Testing and Deploying Serverless Functions
Throughout the course we’ll also be creating the backend for a Task Management app using assignments. Hope you’re looking forward to learning!
Who this course is for:
- Software engineers interested in mastering the 8base Platform.
I’m a product manager at 8base that loves software development and technology. I’m constantly learning on Udemy and now diving into teaching! I’ve worked as a Software Engineer at both public and private companies, as well as have taken a stab at my own startups in the VR space.
I live and work in Miami, FL. Outside of work, I love sculpture and working with my hands on projects. Thanks for reading!
Download The 8base Developer Bootcamp – 0 to Hero Course! Free Tutorials Direct Links