What you’ll learn
- The concept of leadership after prophet in Islam
- What are the qualities and requirements of the leader after prophet?
- Who is the successor of the holy prophet?
- How is Imam Ali’s successorship proven?
- Imam Mahdi or the savior
- There are no prerequisites for this course
– Shia and Sunni:After the death of the Prophet of Islam, the Muslims were divided into two groups: One group believed that the Holy Prophet did not designate a successor to himself. This group is called Sunnis. The other group believes that the selection of such a person could only come from God through the Holy Prophet of Islam and that the Holy Prophet did this and he selected Imam ‘Ali (p.b.u.h) as his successor. This group is called Shi’ites.
– Imamah:From the point of view of Shi’ism, an immaculate Imam does not just mean an Islamic leader, but rather, includes spiritual and material, esoteric and exoteric leadership as well.
– Imamah, the Highest Position; According to the Holy Quran, leadership is the highest position that a human being can possibly attain. For example, it says that when prophet Ibrahim went through some divine tests and thrived, Allah gave him Imamate.
– In general, some conditions are vital for Imamah:
1. Infallibility or being free from sin and error
2. Divine knowledge
5. Noble ethical characters