The Power Pivot, Power Query in Excel and Power BI Bundle Free Tutorial Download
What you’ll learn
Learn to unlock advanced Excel tools Power Query and Power Pivot as well as Power BI in this two-course bundle!
Analyze huge buckets of data to make informed business decisions
Become confident cleaning, sorting and linking data from various sources
Learn via expert instruction and exercises designed to have you performing complex analysis
How to create stunning, interactive dashboards with Power BI
How to share your analysis and dashboards using Power BI Online
To import CSV and Excel files into Power BI Desktop
All about DAX including using the COUTROWS, CALCULATE, and SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR functions
All about using the card visual to create summary information
How to create amazing visuals, such as clustered column charts, maps, and trend graphs
How to use Slicers to filter your reports
How to edit the interactions between your visualizations and filter at visualization, page, and report level
You’ll need a copy of Microsoft Excel that is compatible with the Power Pivot tool.
A good understanding of MS Excel. This is an advanced level course.
Power BI Desktop installed on your machine is required to take the practice exercises
A good knowledge of MS Excel is advised but not necessary
**This course includes practice exercise files**
Learn Microsoft Power BI and Power Pivot, Power Query and DAX in Excel in this two-course bundle from Microsoft experts Simon Sez IT.
We’ve combined two of our best data analysis courses to create this huge-value bundle. If you have reached your limit in Excel and you need to analyze and make sense of huge amounts of data, then you need Power Pivot, Power Query and Power BI. These tools can help you take your existing data-crunching capabilities to new heights!
Power Pivot, Power Query and DAX
In this advanced Excel course, we look at three crucial advanced Excel features Power Pivot, Power Query, and DAX. This suite of Excel functions allows you to manipulate, analyze, and evaluate millions of rows of data from Excel or other databases.
We first look at how to bring your data together, merge, and clean it using Power Query before moving onto creating relationships between our data tables and building out a data model. We then look at performing calculations on our data model using DAX, and finally, we look at displaying our analysis using PivotTables and PivotCharts.
***Exercise and demo files included***
In the Power Pivot, Power Query & DAX course you will learn:
- How to get started with Power Query
- How to connect Excel to multiple workbooks
- How to get data from the web and other sources
- How to merge and append queries using Power Query
- How the Power Pivot window works
- How to set up and manage relationships in a data model
- How to create a PivotTable to display your data from the Power Pivot data model
- How to add calculated columns using DAX
- How to use functions such as CALCULATE, DIVIDE, DATESYTD in DAX
- All about creating Pivot Charts and PivotTables and using your data model
- How to use slicers to adjust the data you display
Power BI is an incredibly powerful, self-service Business Intelligence (BI) solution from Microsoft. It is the perfect Business Intelligence tool for people with limited technical experience.
In this Power BI course, we start by looking at Power Query, and how to use this tool to organize and clean our data. We then show you how to build a Data Model and relate separate tables. After that, we teach you all about the data analysis language DAX in Power BI. Finally, we look at how to present this data using the charts and graphs available.
In the Power BI course you will learn:
- What is Power BI and why you should be using it.
- To import CSV and Excel files into Power BI Desktop.
- How to use Merge Queries to fetch data from other queries.
- How to create relationships between the different tables of the data model.
- All about DAX including using the COUTROWS, CALCULATE, and SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR functions.
- All about using the card visual to create summary information.
- How to use other visuals such as clustered column charts, maps, and trend graphs.
- How to use Slicers to filter your reports.
- How to use themes to format your reports quickly and consistently.
- How to edit the interactions between your visualizations and filter at visualization, page, and report level.
***Exercise files included***
This course includes:
- 7+ hours of video tutorials
- 89 individual video lectures
- Exercise files to practice what you learned
- Certificate of completion
Did you know?
Simon Sez IT teaches all sorts of software, including:
– Microsoft Excel
– Microsoft PowerPoint
– Microsoft Word
– Microsoft Project
– Microsoft Outlook
– Photoshop Elements
– Web Development Languages
– And so much more!
Who this course is for:
- Advanced Excel Users