Advanced Acoustic Guitar Fingerpicking Free Tutorial Download
Have a guitar, know all the main chords, be able to change chords easily, have some fingerpicking experience
Advanced Guitar Fingerpicking
Hi – my name is Patrick and welcome to my course – guitar fingerpicking in 30 days. I have being fingerpicking guitar for 20 years and I have taught dozens of students to go from never having picked up a guitar before to being really accomplished players.
I notice that when many of my students learn fingerpicking and become competent, they become very musical in a short space of time. The acoustic guitar and modern acoustic fingerpicking style take the most incredible instrument and facilitate musicians to get incredible sounds from a small piece of wood with strings on it. Students do things that blow me away.
Some of the building blocks to becoming a modern acoustic fingerstyle musician with your own voice and your own sound are identified here and hopefully will help you to push through the common boundaries of having set chords, set patterns, set riffs and years of formed habits. It’s time to really become inspired again. I’m absolutely confident that this will be your experience.
There are several main sections in this course
- Advanced Rhythm and Polyrhythms
- A deep dive into a classic Windy & Warm popularized by Chet Atkins and the techniques that drive the song
- A deep dive into a classic Deep River Blues by Doc Watson and the techniques that drive the song
- Advanced Techniques
- Harmonizing scales
- Adding percussive elements
- Using alternate tunings
- Blending everything we have learned
I’m sure there will be plenty to challenge you in this course.
At the end of my course, students will be able to …
- play fingerpicking style using 3/2 polyrhythms
- harmonize scales and incorporate wide interval playing into your fingerstyle playing
- use a variety of bass patterns within a single song
- add percussive elements to your repertoire
- learn awesome sounding version of classics like Deep River Blues, Windy & Warm and Lean On Me
- understand the thought process for making your acoustic sound like the orchestra it is
What materials will come with this course?
Each lesson has a HD video with three camera angles (full, left hand and right hand) so that you can zone in and see what each hand is doing. Each lesson also comes with a downloadable PDF and the relevant music tablature for each lesson.
Who should take this course?
This course is ideal for guitarists who are at an intermediate level in the sense that they know the basic chords, they can change chords without too much trouble and they are able to use their fingers and thumbs to pick the guitar a little bit. You don’t need to know anything about music theory as I will explain the theory that we use.
- If you feel like you are not really too comfortable playing chords – try my Zero to Guitar Fingerpicker in 30 days course.
- If you feel like you are a bit beyond that, try my Intermediate Fingerpicking course.
- If you have picked your guitar before using fingerstyle methods, but it’s all just a bit old and a bit boring then you’re in the right place!
Who should not?
If you’re not comfortable to play the basic chords on guitar and change effortlessly between them, I’d suggest the beginner or intermediate course above.
What will students need before starting the course?
Students will need to have a guitar.
If you want to give this course a try, remember that Udemy backs your purchase with a 30 day full refund option on all courses on Udemy – including this one. So you can always give it a go with absolutely no risk and get picking within the first few lessons or get your money back. This course is the best way to get musical within the first days, like I promised you above.
Enroll now to feel the joy of fingerpicking on your guitar!
Best of luck and I’ll see you in the classroom ..
Who is this course for?
- Guitar players who are at an intermediate level but want to improve their fingerpicking because they admire guitarists like Chet Atkins, Leo Kottke, Tommy Emmanuel, Don Ross, Antoine Dufour, Preston Reed etc.
Download Advanced Acoustic Guitar Fingerpicking Free