Basic knowledge of Java and Spring Framework
In this course, we will build a simple Spring Boot REST API.
We will use the below technology stack to build a simple Spring Boot REST API.
- Spring Boot
- Spring Boot Starter Web
- Spring Boot Starter Data JPA
- Spring Boot Actuator
- H2 Database
- Springfox Swagger 2
- Java 11
- Understanding Spring Boot – When was Spring Boot created and What is it?
- Benefits of using Spring Boot – Why to use Spring Boot?
- Very Important Features of Spring Boot
- SpringBootApplication Annotation – What are the benefits of using @SpringBootApplication.
- Auto Configuration – What is Auto Configuration and How we can enable it ? How to create Custom Auto Configuration ?
- Spring Boot Starters – What are the benefits of using Starters? How to add these starters in the Application?
- Embedded Servers – Know about different Embedded Servers and how to override the default port and also change the Server.
- Spring Boot Actuator – What is the use of Spring Boot Actuator? What are the different actuator endpoints ?
- What is REST? Understand the actual meaning of REST(Representation State Transfer)
- REST Principles – Understand various REST Principles in Depth
- REST Verbs and Idempotent Verbs
- Designing resource URIs in REST API
- Build a Simple Spring Boot REST API
- Explore H2 Console
- Explore Actuator Endpoints
- Use Swagger UI to hit all the exposed endpoints of the REST API and test different scenarios.
Who this course is for:
- Java developers who want to learn about Spring Boot
What you’ll learn
Understanding of Spring Boot
Benefits of using Spring Boot
Features of Spring Boot
Understand SpringBootApplication Annotation
Building Custom AutoConfiguration
Spring Boot Starters
Spring Boot Embedded Servers
Spring Boot Actuator
Spring Data JPA Basics
H2 Database Basics
How to use Spring Initializr
Understanding of REST
Understanding of REST Principles
REST verbs and meaning of IDEMPOTENT
Designing REST resource URIs
Finally How to Build Spring Boot Rest API