A Windows operating system
Some coding experience
Welcome to the Building Web GIS Apps with Java Spring Boot MVC and Leaflet course. We’ll be building a Full-stack MVC style Web Application using the Java Spring Tool suite. The purpose of this course and many more to follow, is to learn to create geospatial analytics and convert it into a functional application.
In our use case we will be working with residential water consumption data and we will be applying data processing techniques to extract transform and load the data into our spatial database. Once we have processed and cleaned the data, we will use it as a data source for building our Java Spring Boot Web Map Application.
Some skills that you can expect to derive after completing the course are the following:
- You will learn how to build a Spatial Database using Postgresql and PostGIS.
- You will learn how to create charts with Chart.js.
- You will learn to build Web Maps with Leaflet.js.
- You will learn how to build REST API Endpoints.
- You will learn how to build Web Applications using the Java Spring Boot MVC framework.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner and advanced developers
- The curious mind
What you’ll learn
Be able to create a Full-stack web GIS application from scratch
Building Full-stack Java Spring Boot MVC Apps
Building a Java Spring Boot REST API
PostGIS for Java and Windows