What you’ll learn
Introduction to data centers data center types, sizes, and priorities
Summarized history of technology
Data Center types & sizes
Differing priorities of data centers, from financial to search engines to blockchain
Supporting equipment, systems, and controls
Basic understanding of buildings or IT
Learn the basics to enter into the world of data centers, the fastest growing sector in the design and construction industry. By the end you will know the lingo and more about data centers than 90% of those in the industry.
From Google to Microsoft, 5G to blockchain, selfies to self-driving, the internet is expected to become an even bigger part of our lives – and it’s all supported by a growing legion of mammoth facilities known as data centers. Our digital footprint grows phenomenally every year and that data passes through, is stored and processed by the contents of these largest of energy intensive buildings on the planet.
This course is intended to give you a jump start into the world of data centers. We will cover the many standards, terminology, and acronyms used when talking and walking through these mission critical facilities.
In this course we cover:
- History, types, and sizes – what are the data centers you may see & walk into
- Standards & goals – what are tiers of reliability, what is important to which type of owner
- Components – the equipment & systems that support the data center
- Terms and acronyms – most common descriptions, definitions, and practices
- Security, safety & more – all of the other major considerations that go into data center
Who this course is for:
- Students and anyone interested in learning more about where the internet lives
- Engineering design professionals
- Energy managers
- Facilities operations
Download Data Center Essentials – General Introduction Free Tutorials Direct Links