Accelerate your learning with easy to understand examples and real time demonstrations of Jenkins Pipeline Scripts. Free Download
- Prior understanding of how Jenkins work
- An existing Jenkins setup
- Some programming knowledge. it would be even better if you already know Groovy but that’s not a strong requirement as you should be able to follow what the Groovy code is doing and I will explain more on Groovy during the course.
***Updated for 2019 !!!***
Are you looking to use Jenkins pipeline as code FAST?
“With Pipelines, organisations can define their delivery pipeline through a DSL (Pipeline-as-code). Pipelines, thus, can be versioned, checked into source and easily shared within an organisation. “
“The Pipeline DSL helps you capture complex process requirements through code – thus you can try-catch on deployment failures, loop through deployments, run tests in parallel. It brings the power of a programming language (groovy) to do so. At the same time, the DSL is simple enough to capture simple cases easily without having to touch groovy code. You can capture common patterns in functions and keep them in a global library so that new applications can build on these functions rather than re-invent. “
Source: Cloudbees – Jenkins Pipeline – Software Delivery Made Easy
Jenkins Pipeline as Code allows you to define and automate pipelined job processes with code. Code that can be stored and versioned in a repository which allows you to track changes over time and used by jenkins to run build jobs. If you are already using Jenkins, you should have already heard of pipeline as code but if you have not, this course will help you learn what it is, and also help you to get started quickly with it to make your life as a devops practitioner much easier. This course will help you understand and use both declarative and scripted pipeline scripts and how to use shared libraries for common code across build jobs with realtime demonstrations of the pipeline scripts. Please also note that this is NOT a how to set up Jenkins course.
- Beginners who are just starting out on jenkins pipeline as code
- Intermediate people who want to have more knowledge on implementing pipeline as code in jenkins
- Understand the difference between declarative pipeline syntax and scripted pipeline syntax
- In depth knowledge of both syntax styles
- Learn how to write common code to be shared across multiple jenkins jobs
- Learn how to trigger jobs using pipeline scripts
- Learn how you can make use of public java libraries in your pipeline script to be more productive
- Learn how you can use docker in your pipeline script
- Be confident in using Jenkins Pipeline as Code
- And many, many more
DownloadDevops: Jenkins Pipeline As Code: All you need to know A – Z Free Download Free