Visual Studio 2019
Welcome to the course Functional Programming with Origami,
- I took my inspiration for creating this course by remembering how one learns as a child. Whether it was learning to count on your fingers or the realization of symmetry, one comes to by building things with toy blocks.
- The origami examples in this course are designed to help you understand what is being demonstrated via the code examples both visually and tactilely.
- There are many code examples in this course written in C#, with each module’s examples building on the previous.
- The core of this course centers around the types List, Option, and Either, you’ll learn what these types model and how they add an “effect” to other types.
- The functions Return, Map and Bind are demonstrated in numerous code examples, and you’ll see how they can be “composed” and used together.
- You’ll learn the difference between Total and Partial Functions and how to turn Partial Functions into Total Functions .
- At the crescendo of this course, the “patterns” Functor and Monad are unveiled and explained in simple and easy to understand terms.
- Toward the end of the course, you’ll be given links to several resources to help you continue your functional programming journey.
Who this course is for:
- C# developers interested in learning Functional Programming