What you’ll learn
How Atlassian Connect apps work
How to build a simple app
Developing apps with Atlassian Connect Express
Walk-throughs of extension points
Building a System Information app
Running an app in AWS
Publishing on the Atlassian Marketplace
You have heard of Jira
You have fundamental understanding of writing code (this is not a coding course)
Learn how to write your own Jira Cloud apps with Atlassian Connect and the Atlassian Connect Express (ACE) framework.
If you are a Jira administrator or software developer who has always dreamed about making your own extensions, then this course is right for you. It will get you on the road to making your own add-ons and listing them on the Atlassian Marketplace, where you can choose to provide your add-on for free or even monetise your work.
You never know, this could be the start of your very own Atlassian App business!
After getting you set up with your development environment, this course will teach you how to write your own apps by covering all the basic concepts first and then taking you through the development of a System Information app for Jira Cloud step-by-step. And last but not least, you will learn how to run your own app in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
This course covers the following areas:-
- Introduction to Jira apps
- Development environment setup
- Building a simple example app and how it all works
- The development cycle
- User interface formatting with AUI (Atlassian User Interface)
- Extension points, modules and webhooks
- Building a System Information app step-by-step
- Running apps in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Publishing your app on the Marketplace
Who this course is for:
- Software developers who want to write their own Jira apps
- Jira Administrators who would like to solve their own problems with apps
- Start-up founders wanting to build a Jira app business